• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Semi Bricked.. I think?

Received a replacement phone. Rooted it no problem with Gingerbreak 1.2
Installed CMW TJstyle69. Ejected and booted into CMW. (this is one area I know I screwed up, and I know better) Flashed the last rom ginger sharp 2.2 forgot to factory wipe with dalvik/cache. When I realized it, it had already started flashing. Now it will go to the moto logo and continually reboot back to the logo. Will not boot into CMW, when you try it vibrates without stopping, have to take the battery out. Will go into download mode. Checked some threads and tried Austrie's noxtek stock image file to no avail. Please help!!

Received a replacement phone. Rooted it no problem with Gingerbreak 1.2
Installed CMW TJstyle69. Ejected and booted into CMW. (this is one area I know I screwed up, and I know better) Flashed the last rom ginger sharp 2.2 forgot to factory wipe with dalvik/cache. When I realized it, it had already started flashing. Now it will go to the moto logo and continually reboot back to the logo. Will not boot into CMW, when you try it vibrates without stopping, have to take the battery out. Will go into download mode. Checked some threads and tried Austrie's noxtek stock image file to no avail. Please help!!
I have been using agentc13 CMW 5.0.2.7 for the Triumph, and have had no issues with any of the Sharp roms, flashing or restoring. I have had this happen numerous times while testing roms out. Pull the battery, and hold the power button for about 10 seconds then try to go into download mode, and replace the recovery. Only once have I not been able to get into download mode and had to use my dd_rescue backup. Whenever I am trying to boot to a specific mode I always make sure the volume buttons are pressed before I ever hit the power button. Just some thoughts.

Upvote 0
Thanks B. While I was waiting for someone to chime in I searched some more and found another thread. I did exactly what you said before I read your post. I replaced the recovery.image file and it rebooted perfectly. Man, you don't know how happy I was, lol. And I'm not sure what I did but it flashed the sharp rom on its own. Maybe it was already flashed but it was stuck in that bootloop. Nevertheless it worked. Thanks for being awake to answer. God bless you.

Upvote 0
Thanks B. While I was waiting for someone to chime in I searched some more and found another thread. I did exactly what you said before I read your post. I replaced the recovery.image file and it rebooted perfectly. Man, you don't know how happy I was, lol. And I'm not sure what I did but it flashed the sharp rom on its own. Maybe it was already flashed but it was stuck in that bootloop. Nevertheless it worked. Thanks for being awake to answer. God bless you.
Not a problem. Glad to see you got it all worked out. Thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones