Semi-bricked vibrant ... help!

Last Updated:

1. shaahinjjj

shaahinjjj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys,
    I rooted my vibrant and then i installed an update.zip file to fix the lag and during that process my phone's screen went black i waited like 7 minutes. the phone wouldn't do anything when i pressed the buttons so i just pulled out the battery. Now when i start the phone it goes past the S logo but with a black screen. the phone doesn't do anything at all and the lights for the menu and back touch keys stay on. I can go into recovery mode but what can I do to get my phone back?

Advertisement
  2. shaahinjjj

it's all good now. i just went into recover and wiped everything. i lost a whole lot of stuff but my phone's back now ;)

3. djquick

djquick Well-Known Member

Glad to hear. Next time just remember to always do a back up before testing or trying any mods because you can always flash back if something goes wrong. Download clockwork mod, you'll thank me later.

4. ACHILLES2054

ACHILLES2054 New Member

ok i rooted and lag fix my phone works but occasionally im stuck sometimes when my phone locks and the screen is off i have the problem of it not bringing the screen back up i have to hold the power button and it restarts why is this HELLLPPPP

5. shaahinjjj

you should do what i did (wipe everything from the recovery mode). it actually helped the lag A LOT. I already had the phone rooted so after the wiping the root was still there and my phone was very fast even after i install everything back.