Sence UI

Last Updated:

1. imneveral0ne

imneveral0ne Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok my friend go this phone and she is having some trouble. Hoping someone can help her out. She says she didn't install anything before her sense UI stopped working. Right now she has the regular android UI going and she cant get it back. I had this happen once, but when i restarted it asked me to chose which one i wanted to use and that fixed it right away, but it doesn't do that for her. Is there an option somewhere or does anyone know of another way to get it back?

Advertisement
  2. lldsandsll

lldsandsll Well-Known Member

there is an option to turn senSe on and off. should be in the settings.

3. imneveral0ne

thanks for the reply, but i dont see it in there while im going thru my settings.

4. Sirchuk

Sirchuk Active Member

A quick google search yielded the answer to turn it off, so turning it on is the same way just slightly altered:
    How to: Turn off HTC Sense | AndroidGuys

1. Press MENU button.
    2. Press Settings.
    3. Press Applications.
    4. Press Manage Applications.
    5. Wait for the OS to compute application usage.
    6. Scroll down the list until you see HTC Sense and select it to go to the Application Info page.
    7. Press the Clear Defaults button.
    8. Press the HOME button. You will be prompted to select which app to compete the action with. Select Sense and choese to make this the default action.

If you don't opt to make it your default, you can make the choice each time. This gives a completely seperate set of screens and options to use, almost like another Sense UI "Scene."

5. djkleric

djkleric Well-Known Member

If she is using the vanilla ui she will need to clear the defaults under "home" not Sence. everything else is correct

6. imneveral0ne

thank you, that fixed it perfectly. you rock ^_^

7. djkleric

djkleric Well-Known Member

Not a problem. It wasnt me who gave you the info only corrected one little bit, thats all. Enjoy!;)

8. aclark414

aclark414 Well-Known Member

Not that I would want to do this, but I wonder if there is a way to completely uninstall Sense. Yes, you can turn it off - but there are other Sense applications that continue to run (messaging, dialer, etc.). I did some Google searching, but couldn't find too much of anything.

9. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

BTW, if it happens again and you can't remember or have access to all those steps, their is an application in the market called, 'Home Switcher' which does this too just by launching this app and selecting HTC Sense as the default homescreen instead of the native Android Home.