Send and receive pic messagesSupport

Last Updated:

1. bestaudioguy

bestaudioguy Well-Known Member

I hope this winds up being the stupid question of the day!

I rooted my Commando a few months ago and removed some files as outlined here from many members. The phone works great and has not had the M100 update.
    At some point I can no longer send or receive picture messages. Texts are fine as are all other forms of messaging. I just wonder what I might have frozen to prevent sending and receiving picture messaging.
    Without un-freezing all that I have frozen, does anyone know what the file might be??
    Not sure if this helps, but the text with a picture will just sit saying "sending" forever and the recipient will never get it!
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. aml

aml New Member

Is your 3G turned on? After I rooted mine, I couldn't send or receive multi media messages either. I found this after much frustration. Hope that's your problem too.
  3. bestaudioguy

You might be right!!! After I rooted the phone I had control of 3G and it is mostly turned off.
    I will try it and report back!
    It was great finding I can indeed turn off 3G since I got the email from Verizon saying I was at 90% of my limit. I called Verizon and was told "there is no way to turn off 3G so I will go over!" I argued and they credited me the $10 fee, for just this one time!!
    I try to use WiFi exclusively to prevent a possible overage.
    Thanks for the tip, I will try it tomorrow!
  4. bestaudioguy

OMG that was the problem!!!!! Wonder why it won't transmit using Wi-Fi? Text and mms are phone functions!?
  5. Spike G

Spike G Well-Known Member

Settings> wireless & networks> mobile networks> data enabled. You don't need to be rooted to turn off data. Also this is a side effect of deleting the stock mail app if anyone else has this issue and its not data related
  6. cannonballer

cannonballer Member

FYI. I don't believe this has anything to do with rooting or with deleting the stock app. I have the exact same issue. I've have never rooted my phone and I use the stock app. Thought that may save you some time in the problem solving.
  7. scottfarcuz

scottfarcuz Active Member

I also had the MMS issue before rooting. I have just learned to turn wifi off when sending one.

I dont recall it being a problem before the M80 update but Im not sure about that.
  8. L33suschrist

L33suschrist New Member

My c771 hasn't been rooted and MMS won't send. I can do text but it seems all the pic messages just wont go through. I reset the phone. Forced a halt on my messaging application and some of the network apps too. Just to try different options. What am I missing?
    yes the messaging and net apps are back on by the way
  9. Willster419

Willster419 The Casio Smartphone Guru Guide

Try sending a pic message with a small picture? see what happens?
  10. Have you guys looked at your apns?
    Dealing with Sony xperia play being rooted and unlocked bootloader I've had to manually set up apns to get MMS working ?