1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Send Calendar EventsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. adammsu

adammsu Well-Known Member

1st post :) Liking the forum, been checking it out a lot since i got my phone last weekend <3 widgets!

So for my first question. Has any1 figured out how to send an event on your calendar to another person. if anyone uses outlook (like I do at work) its convenient to send events to other people. Is it possible?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. ryan820

ryan820 Member

Hmm interesting-- would be very helpful. I checked out the native calendar app on my eris and didn't intuitively find anything :(
  3. adammsu

same. i am looking at connecting calenders from the website, might be possible (i never know hat the wife's got gonig on, this will help a ton!)
  4. ryan820

ryan820 Member

I don't know if you use Google Calendar (I do) but you can share calendars in there...and it should show up on your phone. Though that doesn't solve inviting your wife to events you add from you phone.
  5. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

The eris wasn't designed to fully integrate with exchange. the Moto Droid does this though. Hence why many business people go with the Moto over the HTC Droid, but personally I just sync up with HTC Sync and do most of the stuff via outlook. I'm hoping 2.1 opens a door for more exchange support to do tasks and event requests and exchange contacts. but I've not heard anything thus far.
    adammsu likes this.
  6. adammsu

Previous poster makes sense. I am going to play with some shared calendars this evening. Google calendar allows you to add calendars to your calendar (like USA holidays) and i think once i have the wifes set up to share back and forth, I can add hers. What i dont know is if it will auto-update, or just when i tell it to add. I'll update this tonight or tomorrow with results (and a strat if it does work)
  7. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

+1 on sharing google calendar if you use it, my and the wife share ours, been doing it for a while and it sure helps me. Cause I typically forget what she says 10 seconds after telling me ;) This way it just pops on the phone.
  8. dhrandy

dhrandy Well-Known Member

I love using Google Calender and the Calender Widget on the phone. I never miss appointments or other important events anymore. I use Google Sync to sync my work Outlook with Google Calender. https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync. I also use Mozilla Sunbird on my home laptop to add and view events. You just need the Google Calender plug-in to get it to work with Sunbird.

Now for your question, you can add attendees through the Google Calender website on you phone. It's pretty simple to use. It would be nice to be able to do it through the widget.

http://www.google.com/calendar
  9. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

To answer you question on syncing your phones calendar to the cloud calendar. just make sure your have the "sync" widget active or the sync in the settings active for calendar. This will keep your phones calendar and the Google calendar online in sync.

I personally have a widget to enable/disable syncing as needed. Since I dont want the background syncing all day long.

AutoSync OnOff v1.2.0 Application for Android | Tools
    [​IMG]
  10. nathanirwin311

nathanirwin311 Well-Known Member

You can send email invites to people for events in your google calendar. You can enter the event on the eris stock calendar app and then when you go into google calendar either on your phone or computer click edit the event and on the right hand side of the screen is an invite guests area. I guess you can't do it through the stock calendar app though.
  11. adammsu

worked like a charm. just make sure both parties are shared to each other. mine took a bit to update with her events. also, colors u assign on the website are pushed to the phone, so my events are blue, wifes are red.