Send Mass Text MessageSupport

1. kmf

kmf Well-Known Member

How do you do it with the stock message app. My Moto Razr Maxx HD 4.1.2 still has the option. No can do on the X?

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

By mass text message do you meant send a message to multiple people at once? In that case, you just add multiple recipients to the "TO" line at the top.

The first time that you do this it explains the difference between converting group messages to MMS (all recipients can see each other and can reply to all) and not converting to MMS (they become separate SMS conversations and the recipients are blind to each other - they can only reply to you.)
  3. kmf

kmf Well-Known Member

@doogald...thanks. Yes, to 100 recipients, but a way to do so by selecting "All" instead of entering each individual contact, one after one. This was very easy in 4.1.2. Doesn't seem to be an option in 4.4
  4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

If you tap the little contact card with the "+" in it to the right of the "To" field, you can select your contacts individually or use "Select all" at the bottom.
  5. kmf

kmf Well-Known Member

Yes, in 4.1.2 that works, but I sure don't see that option in 4.4
  6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Funny, that's on the new Droid Maxx on Verizon on KitKat. It's interesting that it's not on the X.
  7. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

OP, the mass texting may have been part of the manufacturer's "skin". My understanding is that Motorola used to HEAVILY tweak things (my previous Moto was the first Droid X, and their skinning/customizing only deepened from there). Their operational philosophy under Google was a lighter skin that was almost stock (save for a few features ), which would be my guess as to why you're seeing this difference. Hopefully this philosophy will continue.