• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Send Only" email account

Hello all.
I am new to using Android devices. I have searched these forums in hopes of getting an answer.

I wish to setup an email account on my LG GpadF 8.0 that only sends emails and doesn't receive them. Currently it will send & receive all emails.

I need to set this up on several folks' devices (in the field) so they can send emails, yet if there is a reply, it will only go to our central computer.

This is already setup on several computers, but I cannot find a way to do this on the Android devices.

Any advice, or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

- Michael

What I would do, is to establish a gmail account for each device and then create a filter that will forward all of their incoming emails to your Main Email account, and then archive the message that just came in.

that way, when they try to look at the Inbox, it will always be empty.
I am doing that right now with a gmail account, it forwards everything to my Yahoo account which I have had for 30 years.

You can use the outgoing email account they used as the ID for the person who sent it out.

Or:
you could set all of them up on the same exact account for outgoing mail, and have the "Reply To:" header address to your Main Server account..... I have that on 3 computers and 2 cellphones.... all of them are using the same exact email account, and that gmail account, as I said, forwards everything to Yahoo.

works a treat for me. I never have to wonder "which device sent that out?"

Upvote 0
I use Aqua Mail on my cellphones.
* Aqua Mail - email app - Android Apps on Google Play

I just now reviewed all of the settings in it and don't see a way for it to create a "Reply to: address header",
you can handle that on the web for the Gmail account that you set up for all/each cellphone or device.

On the web in Gmail, I see there is a setting to "Send mail as:
(Use Gmail to send from your other email addresses)"

That can be your Reply To: address

Under "Filters and Blocked Messages" you can create some very power filters to forward, archive, delete, etc...

Forwarding and IMAP/POP also provides a lot of control over how you want the account to work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I use Aqua Mail on my cellphones.
* Aqua Mail - email app - Android Apps on Google Play

I just now reviewed all of the settings in it and don't see a why for it to create a "Reply to: address header",
you can handle that on the web for the Gmail account that you set up for all/each cellphone or device.

On the web in Gmail, I see there is a setting to "Send mail as:
(Use Gmail to send from your other email addresses)"

That can be your Reply To: address

Under "Filters and Blocked Messages" you can create some very power filters to forward, archive, delete, etc...

Forwarding and IMAP/POP also provides a lot of control over how you want the account to work.

WOW!
Fantastic ideas! I really appreciate the help.
All of your ideas are great, but I think the last one is best.

Either way, I'll try it and see.

Thanks so much for the help!
Michael

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones