send video through text.General

1. mudball

mudball Member

Just got my s3 about a week ago and my only question so far is this. How can I send video through text? It Just won't let me. Any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. EpicMindWarp

EpicMindWarp Well-Known Member

You can try and send a video as an MMS, but you can't through text. Try uploading to Dropbox/YouTube and sending the link to the person as a text message.
  3. GMRedline

GMRedline Member

Your best bet is to initiate the recording of the video from a text message attachment option. It will automatically limit the video size to the max size allowed by your provider. USC is 999kb.

If the video is already recorded, you will need to use an to crop and possibly decrease the file size of the video.

I use VidTrim Pro. It was a couple of bucks.
    AtodaK likes this.
  4. mudball

mudball Member

Thanks for the info.
  5. bigrigfixer

bigrigfixer Member

You can send a 12mb video through whatsapp. About a minute long in 480p.
  6. jaydub110

jaydub110 Well-Known Member

You can do it if you download & use the handsent app (which i use & it works) from the playstore. I love it cause it gives you pop up messages & is very customizable. Also lets you use Emoji which I like.To record you press the camera & switch it to video press the settings wheel, press recording mode. switch it to limit for MMS & record. Once its done attach it & send.But you have to stop it at 55 sec. cause if it goes to a minute it will tell you message size limit reached, files to big & you can't send it. Hope this helps !!! :stupido2: