Sender and Recipient name in emails repeated multiple timesSupport

Last Updated:

1. shogunex

shogunex New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I just got my first android phone (Captivate) and I'm happy with it for the most part. But I was wondering if this was happening to anyone else. I have a gmail account setup with the default Email app on the phone. When I send an email to someone using the phone, and I look at the email using a regular web browser on a PC, both the Sender and Recipient names are repeated multiple times.

It looks something like:
    To: Jon , Jon , Jon

Although, it looks like only 1 email is actually being sent out. Anyone know how to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. nickybad77

nickybad77 New Member

Hello. I'm resuming this topic as on my Samsung Galaxy S i9000 with Android 2.2 Froyo update I'm experiencing the same problem: whenever I send an e-mail with the default application and look at it on a web based client like Gmail or my e-mail client (Mail) on my Macbook, it always look as:
    Reply to: myname
    myname
    myname
    myname
    myname
    myname
    To: recipient1,
    recipient2,
    recipient1,
    recipient2,
    recipient1,
    recipient2,

Have you ever found a solution for that or is there anyone else who had the same issue and solved it?

Many thanks

3. jrmac57

jrmac57 New Member

In addition to multiple senders/recipients, I am having random old e-mails attach to current e-mails when I reply or forward. In one case, the e-mail attached a two month old e-mail.

4. NatesMom

NatesMom Well-Known Member

I noticed this as well whenever I go to access my threads on gMail.

There seems to be a bug with the stock email client and iMap on the Captivate. I've looked in the phone & web settings for gmail and phone client. I couldn't find anything to fix it.

Instead, I use the gMail phone client. Whereas the interface, imho, isn't as elegant, it gets rid of the annoying multiple recipient entries as well as the extra bcc-like entry when you go to view on the web.