Sending a Text while on a call

1. YouNoAsian

YouNoAsian Well-Known Member

I love my EVO and my sprint service so far, but I am having one issue that is almost unbearable. While I am on a call I am not able to send out an sms. Is this how it works with sprint or is there a setting that I need to change?

Any solutions would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Yankees368

Yankees368 Well-Known Member

It should work fine, as texts are sent out of the 1x voice channels.
  3. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

you should be able to talk n text...
  4. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

yes.. you should be able to text and talk.. try a reboot.. if your in the phone app, just click home, or hold down the home key.. it will bring you up a window with the last 6 apps used.. you can click messaging.. and it will open.. and off you go..
  5. YouNoAsian

Thanks for the quick replies. Should I take my phone to a sprint store or is there a setting to check if 1x is turned on
  6. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have to do anything special to do this. Hold on.... I just made a call and sent a text in 20 secs.
  7. Yea, you should be able to hit the home button during a call, then go into messages. Are you getting an error or what?
  8. YouNoAsian

Yeah it is giving me a data error.
  9. YouNoAsian

I just tested it in my office and it seems to be working again, so maybe its just in palo alto that I am getting the issue.
  10. YouNoAsian

Thanks for the help guys.
  11. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Have you shut off your phone and retried it? Never had this problem so there has to be something slightly off. Only time I've gotten data error was when my phone was not connecting to 3G, 4G, or wifi.
  12. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

Ditto. Only during no 3g.
  13. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

A call and later an SMS both killed my QIK call I had with a new EVO owner (my friend) earlier. :(