sending a video still not working. verizon no help nor know why...Support

Last Updated:

1. HTC Ryan

HTC Ryan Member This Topic's Starter

hey, im having an issue sending a video on my incredible. i dont understand whats going on and i dont think im doing something wrong but who knows...

i went into camcorder, changed everything to defult. i changed the resolution to the 640 and was able to send up two a 2 second video. then i went to the lowest resolution which was like 320 or whatever and was able to send up to a 5 second video. thats about it... i sat on the phone with verizon maybe...2 hours? THEY could not figure it out. they said they has to borrow another verizon enployee's phone to mess with it and she kept getting the same issue saying the file is two large. its set for 30 seconds, then 20 seconds, 15, 10, all of them will not work over 5 seconds of a video to send. they said they dont understand why there is nothing in the settings saying switch to mms or sms or something and contacting someone to update that asap because it made no sence to them. i dont understand this and its getting annoying.

so then, i tried downloading some app called youcast or whatever, and it kind of worked. it says it bypasses the size limit or whatever. i sent a video to my friend and it says he got it, but needs to download the app first to view it. im waiting to hear from him if he downloads it and is able to view it. but that still sucks because what if you dont have an android? then youcast wont work.

and not only is this issue with me, but 6 of my friends with the htc incredible are not able to send videos either after they messed around with it all.

so my questions are...

whats going on here? am i doing something wrong? can you help me?
    is there any other apps out there like youcast that might work or be better too?

my settings right now on camcorder are...

white balance: auto
    resolution: QVGA(320x240) and i tried switching around between that all the way to 720p(1280x720)
    storage:phone storage and i have switched to storage card
    encoding type MPEG4
    Recording Limit: 30 seconds. again i tried all other settings.

thank u...

Advertisement
  2. CM67

CM67 Well-Known Member

I dont know if this will help you at all but,

I send videos using the standard messaging app all the time, however I dont know how or if it will even send already previously saved videos.

I open up message and pick a contact, then click on attach ... then click attach from camcorder, it will then record a video for 60 seconds or less, you will have to stop it if you want it less, and it resizes it and attaches it to message, then click send ... been doing it since I got it.

Again I have never really figured out how to send a video through the standard messaging without doing it this way without actually emailing it or using some other service, but this works great if you want to take a video right then and send it fast through the standard message app.

cstt07 likes this.
  3. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

i sent (Email) a 26MB 720 video from my Incredible to a fascinate using YouCast, worked like it was suppose too. Make sure the settings on YouCast are set properly, there is no other way to send a large file or multi files in one email using a cell phone.

4. jenn2010

jenn2010 New Member

Thanks a lot for the info. Yes, I could send video to my blackberry friends-:) And it could be downloaded to PC too if the recipient is an email address. Worse case, I could post video to my youtube or facebook accounts. Good job youcast!