• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sending back to LG for repair/replacement?

I was having issues with GPS locking, slow to lock, and constantly losing GPS signal while I was trying to use the phone for navigation.

I called Google, and they led me through several troubleshooting steps which didn't help.

Since I bought the phone on EBay, Google told me I would have to reach out to LG for warranty service. LG wanted me to send in phone, and they would look at it, and ship it back after several days.

I couldn't handle no phone for that long, so I opened the back cover, and implemented the fix outlined in this youtube video. It worked like a charm, now my GPS locks very quickly, and I have had no issues with losing signal.

Not a fix for everyone, but if you are comfortable opening up your phone, it worked for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBpNtWvY454

Reactions: ScoobyWRX
Upvote 0
I did try that before I sent it off, and it did I think made a bit of difference, but as it is still under warranty thought I would send it back anyway. Had a live chat with LG last night and it's booked in again ��. Just a bit disappointed they have no record of the problem

Upvote 0
Well a strange thing, I decided to try another GPS info. app, GPS Test instead of GPS Status.
The first time I tried it it found my location in 5 seconds and locked onto 16 satellites out of 22 with a 13ft accuracy, never had that before! �� hang on I thought, it's just saying that to keep me happy! �� so I tried Status and had the same results!! Goole maps finds me super quick too. Tried it several times (mainly because of excitement) and getting the same results each time. Has my phone started working properly because of the two apps working together? ��

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones