"Sending" (beaming, sharing) Calendar Events

Last Updated:

1. Coronach

Coronach Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My wife and I just got Droids, after laboring far too long with PPC-6800s. Obviously, the Droid is better. However, one feature that we both really miss from the 6800 is the "beam" feature. In short, you can beam contacts and calendar events from phone to phone and they automatically show up in the appropriate place.

Is there something that is functionally similar with the Droid?

I tried Bluetooth File Sharing, but I never got it to work right for contacts or events (I can send generic files to the SD card). I have gotten contacts to share properly using barcode scanner, but I still can't get the calendar appointments/events to share using anything. Any ideas?

Yes, I know we could use the same Google Calendar, but we both really use the calendar function, and neither of us need to know 90% of what the other is doing, but it was REALLY convenient to just "beam" an event to make sure we're both on the same page.

Thanks,

Mike

PS Yes, I did a search...that's how I got barcode scanner to work for contact transfer

Advertisement
  2. dossjh

dossjh Member

This is not exactly what your looking for...but it might work.

On your computer you can create a new calendar and share it with your wife, and she can do the same on her calendar.

When you add an event you want her to see select that calendar. When her phone syncs the event will show up automatically.

Hope this helps

doss

3. Coronach

Thanks for the reply. That won't work with the way we have used our phones in the past. We don't really use the "full" version of the calendar at all. we only use it as a backup for the calendar on our phones. Basically, we input directly to the phone and only look at the calendar on the phone. Heck, my wife hasn't even synched in months.

Maybe if there is a slick way to add it from the Droids it will work...

Thanks for the quick reply.

Mike

4. dossjh

dossjh Member

Im sorry I didnt make that very clear :)

you only need to access it from the computer to make the new calanders. once you do that you just add the events on the droid as normal and select the shared calendar. And as for syncing. most likely (unless you turned it off) its already doing that.

doss

5. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

How about sending an email invite when you add the event? Just click 'add guest' and enter her email, it will add the event to her calendar automatically. A thought anyway...

6. Coronach

Doss-

I see what you're saying now. I'm trying it out as we speak, and I think that's a very good workaround, possibly even better than the original "beaming" solution.

Thanks!
    Mike

7. buddiec

buddiec Active Member

will the bump feature work for you guys

8. Coronach

Hmm. Can you use it to send calendar events?

Mike

9. buddiec

buddiec Active Member

I am not sure I just did it with contacts and music with my daughter she found it and hipped me to the program it will also work cross platforms with the Iphone