Sending e-mailGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Bravo311

Bravo311 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can't seem to send an e-mail. I originally had a Droid, and sent an e-mail on Sunday 11-15, my friend did not recieve it until the 17th. It was time stamped for the 17th also.

I exchanged my Droid for the Eris(for other reasons) on Friday. I tried to send an e-mail on Sunday the 22nd and he still has not recieved it. I've tried a few e-mails to my own hotmail account and still have not recieved them either.

Google mail has been my primary e-mail account for a while(long before I got a smart phone). The only thing I did was disable alerts for incoming e-mails.

Anybody else have this problem? And does anyone have a suggestion for what i can do?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. DroidDO

DroidDO Well-Known Member

First off, maybe a little more info would help. Are you using the POP3 mail client or google mail app to send these emails? If your using the google app, try : menu> view labels> outbox. Are there any emails sitting in there? If so try opening them and clicking send again.
    Another option might be to tap menu> refresh and see if that helps. Do you have good signal strength? Are you using 3G or WiFi?

3. Bravo311

Using Google mail. I followed all the steps and once I hit refresh after viewing my labels, outbox. The e-mails went through. Am I gonna have to do that everytime I send an e-mail???

4. DroidDO

You shouldn't have to. I'm using the gmail app and I don't need to do that. My only though is that the phone can't communicate with the network properly. When it tries to send the email, it fails, and just lets it sit in the outbox until it tries again. Can you load web pages ok?

5. DroidDO

After poking around a little on my Eris: go into settings (the main settings from the program list)> Data Synchronization> Google. Now make sure Background data, Auto-sync and Gmail are checked. If they weren't checked, that very well could be the cause of your problem.

6. Bravo311

Yeah everything else is fine. That's why I'm frustrated. I'm glad I don't use e-mail for work.

7. Bravo311

YES!! That was the problem, Thanks!