Sending e-mails in plain text

1. merciadriluca

merciadriluca Well-Known Member

Hello,

With the default Android's e-mail client, how could I send messages in plain text? I have not found any such option.

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I don't think there is an option. But why would you need to? Haven't all email clients been HTML based for at least 10 years?
  3. merciadriluca

merciadriluca Well-Known Member

Not at all: there are also only plain-text-based clients! :(
  4. JoePete

JoePete New Member

Not quite, but in that decade the proliferation of malware, spam and phishing delivered via HTML has increased by what? 10,000 percent?
    HTML email is the top infosec threat out there. Sending HTML email to someone is the equivalent of sneezing in their face and a veritable sign of tech ignorance. Seriously, you will do your friends a favor, a big favor, if you turn off HTML.
  5. StormD

StormD New Member

There are dozens of other reasons you might want to send plain-text mail. Many mailing lists require it for list processing, and lots of automated systems require plain text for email interfaces. For example, we have a paging system that sends dispatch orders to field technicians, and updates our dispatch board based on replies (different colors for Ack, in progress, on hold, complete, rescheduled, etc.). However, we are having headaches setting up some new android phones because the software can't read the HTML mail coming back where the old ones just sent a plain text message that was easy to process.
  6. Visual Echo

Visual Echo New Member

So still no way to get/send only plain text email?