• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sending emails on Desire

ZZtop

Apr 23, 2010
Hi everyone, I have a new Desire with T Mobile and I have gone through the automated email set up via my "POP3" account with Ntlworld. Problem is, whilst I receive my emails, I cannot send emails. To be honest, this is not an area that I am very good at, so I might be missing something daft. Does anyone know of something obvious I can do, or can they help me to check my settings, please?

Hi ZZtop,

I used to have ntlworld email accounts before I moved to gmail,

in the settings you need the following

username: first half of email address before @ sign eg my.name@ntlworld.com would be my.name

pop.ntlworld.com
smtp.ntlworld.com

That should be all you need, let me know if you have anything different or need anything else
Thanks for help, it is appreciated.
Apart from it being a POP3 account everything seems correct. The message reads,"the outgoing server cannot authenticate your account details, check settings"

Upvote 0
I don't think you can send emails from a non NTL line, you can only receive them. Thats why most people use web based email address.

I fix a lot of computers that have NTL lines and when in my house (non NTL) I can only ever get them to receive, soon as I plug them back into the NTL line it all works fine.

It's an NTL problem. Best thing is to ring them to find out for sure.

Upvote 0
'm pleasantly puzzled. I sent ntl an email last night and received standard reply saying that they would get back to me within 48 hours.1 hour later my emails were sending ok. So I'm not sure what has happened, but all is well now. Thanks for your help, everyone, it is appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones