• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sending failed text messages

lewisb13

Oct 19, 2010
Ive noticed that when I send a text and the phone is out of signal, it just says, "FAILED" and calls it a day. I miss my blackberry in this respect, it would wait until it DID have signal and then would automatically resend. Is there any way to set this phone up so it automatically resends when I get signal back? Cheers.

EDIT: I do get it sometimes where it says that its saving the texts until signal is rereached, however, lets say I get one bar back, well the phone "sees" that Im getting signal, tries to send, and then fails, and then calls it a day....

This is going to make this phone dealbreaker for me. I dont get any service in my office, so what I do is I might write 30 text messages to be sent later and then stick the phone in my pocket. I need it to catch signal and ACTUALLY send the messages. I cant be going in to all 30 texts and hitting "retry" or whatever. My blackberry would sit there and wait until it had enough bars or signal strength and then would keep trying to resend and only in extreme cases did I actually have to "resend". Bummer. What is this app you speak of? Can you tell me a little about it? Cheers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones