• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sending files by Bluetooth

Has anyone managed to send files via bluetooth on the Desire?
I'm able to receive without any issues, but cannot get a file sent to a macbook or Nokia mobile. I'm trying Bluetooth File Transfer, Explorer and Astro to do so and nothing seems to happen.

I would say use Bump, you can find it on the market place and its free.

Upvote 0
I too had this problem, i uninstalled Astro & now it works fine.

Could you please explain exactly what you're using and how you're doing it?

I'm having the same problems sending files via Bluetooth.

Astro says the file is being sent but nothing happens.

Bluetooth file transfer just claims that the target device lacks the 'object push profile' and then promptly hangs the entire phone, requiring a reboot. :mad:

Target devices are all discovered and, where possible, paired.

Why on Earth something that was so simple on every phone since the stone age now seems to be so horribly complicated and dysfunctional on Android is unbelievable :mad::mad:

Upvote 0
Could you please explain exactly what you're using and how you're doing it?

I'm having the same problems sending files via Bluetooth.

Astro says the file is being sent but nothing happens.

Bluetooth file transfer just claims that the target device lacks the 'object push profile' and then promptly hangs the entire phone, requiring a reboot. :mad:

Target devices are all discovered and, where possible, paired.

Why on Earth something that was so simple on every phone since the stone age now seems to be so horribly complicated and dysfunctional on Android is unbelievable :mad::mad:

My problem was not being able to send/recieve files to other phones, like you,it was saying it was sending the file but nothing happened. i had to take my phone back to CPW because of another issue, i got it replaced & the bluetooth worked fine on the new one. That was until i installed Astro, i would have the same problem all over again :( i uninstalled Astro & now it works as it should.

Upvote 0
My problem was not being able to send/recieve files to other phones, like you,it was saying it was sending the file but nothing happened. i had to take my phone back to CPW because of another issue, i got it replaced & the bluetooth worked fine on the new one. That was until i installed Astro, i would have the same problem all over again :( i uninstalled Astro & now it works as it should.

OK. Thanks. What are you actually using to send files?

Upvote 0
Hi everybody. First post here, but this is driving me mental..

I've just tried to send something to another phone for the first time, using my desire's bluetooth. I did it the conventional way (long press on the file, click bluetooth) and I get this message instantly:-

'The application BlueTooth Share (process com.android.bluetooth) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.'

The only option is a 'Force close' button.

This can't be good can it? I've turned the phone off (takes ages!) and back on again a few times and this has made no difference.

Has anyone else had this happen? I'd appreciate any help or response, I have a feeling my Desire may be nackered though..

Upvote 0
Hi everybody. First post here, but this is driving me mental..

I've just tried to send something to another phone for the first time, using my desire's bluetooth. I did it the conventional way (long press on the file, click bluetooth) and I get this message instantly:-

'The application BlueTooth Share (process com.android.bluetooth) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.'

The only option is a 'Force close' button.

This can't be good can it? I've turned the phone off (takes ages!) and back on again a few times and this has made no difference.

Has anyone else had this happen? I'd appreciate any help or response, I have a feeling my Desire may be nackered though..

This not happening to anyone else then?

Upvote 0
hi all, first post here... I just got my desire for 3 weeks. On the first 2 weeks my bluetooth device work seems fine and from the beginning i have install the astro file manager and it's bluetooth module.

Until today, my bluetooth starts occur some problems which cannot send out but can received. Is there anyone face this problem before?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones