sending hero back to htc - advice?

Last Updated:

1. jeffreynothing43

jeffreynothing43 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hey ya'll.

i'm sending back my hero to have dust removed, button fixed, and blown speaker replaced. does anyone have experience in this with a rooted device? do they actually look at the build n stuff to make sure it's stock? has anyone done this before and had successful results?

if the answer is yes, and they won't fix your device...

does anyone know a rom without going stock that serves as a pseudo?

thanks guys/girls.

dave

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

I believe that your only option would be reflash stock RUU as technically rooting voids warranty.

3. jeffreynothing43

jeffreynothing43 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so...here's my results from HTC and likely the reason i'll never buy a HTC product again - despite my love for the Hero.

i flashed stock and flashed stock recovery. the phone itself was 1.5 stock.

i printed out a letter with my RMA and all the things the reps quoted that needed to be fixed. it was well put together and i stapled it to a ziploc baggy the phone was inside of.

i told them - DO NOT FLASH THE 2.1 UPDATE. MY FINACE' LIKES 1.5.

i got the phone back after nearly 20 days.

no one knew what the status was while it was being fixed...i called every other day.

finally i got it back....they put 2.27.651.6 on it!!!!

not only that...the worst part was they replaced the screen because of dust underneath and the entire shell because of the power button wearing away (paint coming off). well, there was still some dust underneath and the shell was FORCED together and didn't connect on the side seams. it literally a few millimeters apart. not only that but they didn't replace the white sticker that lets them know that the phone hasn't been taken apart by US!!!

i called them and they had literally no options except, 'sorry send it back.' i took the damn thing apart and fixed the shell myself. sorry, but HTCs quality control is like eating cat food..........it sucks. i will not buy an Evo.

i rooted the device with the help of XDA and thankfully got rid of the crap ass software that came on it. i will use my Hero until a more reputable company decides to grace Sprint with their presence...but no more HTC.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE!!

HORRIBLE.

BLECK!!!!!!!!!!

I FEEL BAD FOR EVO OWNERS. GOOD LUCK.