1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Sending links via text?

1. bennylava

bennylava Well-Known Member

I'm using the Firefox web browser on android 2.2

I'd like to be able to send a link via text message. I would like to be able to just go to a page, and somehow be able to get the link to that exact page into a text message. Can this be done?

Advertisement
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

I don't know how firefox web browser work, but using my Android phone I can do this two ways. 1) Copy and paste the page url in the message. 2) If the link / page has an option to send VIA messages - then I would normally use this option.
  3. bennylava

I kinda figured copy and paste lol. I'm just asking how to go about it. But yeah I was on the FF browser. Maybe it can't do it.
  4. Mada

Mada Well-Known Member

Long pressing on the text field will open a dialog box with one of the options copying/pasting
  5. bennylava

Thanks yeah that works. Works fine in FF as well. Didn't know what to do lol
  6. bennylava

Well my question has been answered so I guess I just as well use this thread to ask my next question. I made a little mpeg layer 3 (aka MP3) file that I want to set as my incoming text message sound. For one person. All the rest, I want to be a different sound that I also made. Is this possible?
  7. Mada

Mada Well-Known Member

Might wanna create a whole new thread for that question, perhaps in the Media forums. :)
  8. Just hold on that page and select the links you want to send, copy it, and then paste it to send out.
  9. mikabuc

mikabuc Well-Known Member

Try hitting menu while on the file, or long presing and see if "set as" comes up. Or try doing it through your contact list. It is totally possible though.
    I have my gf as the pink panther theme, my Mom as an F1 car bangin gears(she races) and my Dad and brother the AK47 firing(they liketo hunt)
  10. bennylava

That didn't work but I'll keep trying. Bound to be some way to do it. Probly have to find the file where the text and ringtones are stored, and place them in there.