Sending mine backSupport

Last Updated:

1. scubadown

scubadown Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am sending my DI back due to poor battery life. I like everything about the phone except the really poor battery life. Yesterday I was at the emergency room and burned down a 70% battery in 1-1/2 hours on the internet. I have two days left to make a decision and I just saw a report on the MOTO Shadow and maybe that will have better life.

So I have the following for sale at a good price:

Body Glove Case for the DI $15
    Amzer Case and screen protector DI for $10.

prices do not include shipping.

scubadown@hotmail.com

Advertisement
  2. Emoney53

Emoney53 Well-Known Member

lame buy a bigger battery

3. benne13

benne13 Active Member

what report did you see on MOTO Shadow? I'm looking at getting either the DI or Shadow. Leaving Iphone, tired of Apple..

4. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

How pissed are you going to be when you wait 3+ months for the Shadow and its battery life is the same or worse?

VGPOP, Fantasma, heyeaglefn and 3 others like this.
  5. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Well how do you know the shadow will have any better battery life? I mean i know alot of people with moto droids and their battery isn't really any better then the incredible. But have fun waiting and being disappointed when the shadow has the same battery life or worse. I mean what do you expect when you use it especially for the internet that drains the battery quick.

6. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

so you were using - arguably - massive amounts of data for over a hour solid, and you're upset that it used battery?

data uses more power than voice, point blank and period. Either understand that dynamic, or get a bigger battery.

oh, and if you do send it back, do yourself a favor and don't post another thread saying "I've sent it back, goodbye everybody!"

7. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Flawed logic. Any of the high end Android phones are going to suffer from poor battery life unless manufacturers start making thicker phones so they can stuff bigger batteries in. The OEM battery in the DInc is probably made by the lowest bidder that could pump out reliable batteries in high volumes, hence the lower capacity. Just get a Seidio battery and be done with it.

Also, you were in a hospital (weaker signal) and did an hour and a half of web surfing (3G). Those two mean your battery is going to get squeezed quick. 3G eats up battery as it is, and a weaker signal makes it worse.

8. scubadown

Yeah, I only had two days left to make a decision, and I can always go back to the DI later. My Palm Cnetro will just have to do for a while (no data package, just phone). was a really hard decision, also my first smart phone. All in all a great phone, but would end up costing $50 more per month and who knows what 6 month more wait will bring?

9. Swens221

Swens221 Active Member

What do you think it takes to run a 1GHz processor? This isn't your Nokia 5190 cell phone. Buh-Bye!

10. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Well-Known Member

good luck in finding a phone that fits your needs. the incredible's battery isnt the best but its a smart phone. if i can get a day out of it then im happy. i also have a car charger so that helps. :D

11. Mskgreenel

Mskgreenel Well-Known Member

Not attacking OP. I agree the battery life sucks! But people have to realize that these aren't Motorola StarTacs!! They are like mini computers. Before my Eris I had a BB and I couldn't understand the battery issue. When it comes down to it. I didn't do half of the stuff I do on my BB on my Eris b/c my BB wasn't capable or interesting. I use my Inc way more than I used my Eris.

If your looking for ''perfect'' battery life than use the Inc like it's a BB.

The battery technology (available to the everyday consumer) isn't up to par yet for these 'super phones'.

I'd rather be annoyed by the battery than go back to a device that isn't as powerful.

chigins and AGWednesday like this.
  12. MobileDoggy

MobileDoggy Banned

he! he!! This guy will never own a smart phone if he thinks there are units coming out with better battery life. HE ! HE!!!!!

13. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Ditto on all counts. What do people expect? Seido 1750 is much better, but anything below 2,000 mah will be day-long challenged for a heavy user.

added:

As other have pointed out, these are power hungry devices for a reason.

14. ultra50

ultra50 Member

All smartphones use up the battery fast so you need to get a bigger battery.

15. MonsterMaxx

MonsterMaxx Well-Known Member

You just have to wait for the new nanotube technology batteries to come out. 100x the capacity in the same form factor.
    ;)

Meanwhile, looking forward to the oem bigger battery (2150ish)

16. scubadown

Yea, I already miss it and FedEx hasn't even picked it up yet. I will probably be coming back to the DI but I didn't want to be rushed on the decision. Looks like the Moto Droid doesn't have that much better battery life.

17. jryan727

jryan727 Well-Known Member

I wasn't going to chime in, but I figured I'd give you a positive post since so many people found it necessary to be so negative. If the phone isn't for you, it isn't for you. It doesn't sound like you're bashing the phone in particular, but rather stating that it doesn't fit your needs. Fair enough! You shouldn't be paying for a device and service that doesn't do what you need it to do.

I didn't do any formal tests, so I don't have any real numbers, but I can tell you that I could probably do more than two hours of web browsing on my blackberry easily. The browser sucks and the screen is smaller, but maybe that would suit your needs better. I wouldn't typically recommend a backberry, having come from them myself, but it sounds like they may be a better fit for you.

Either way, good luck finding a device that suits you!

18. mrjerryk

mrjerryk Well-Known Member

Same here, I can't stand Apple anymore. The iPhone was 2nd to none when it came out, but it's had it's time in the spot light. Apples restrictions on what can and can't be on the phone is crazy. The only plus side to my having an iPhone is that it was never on AT&T. I Jailbroke it from day one to use Cincinnati Bell.

19. jakeh0

jakeh0 Well-Known Member

let's get real here though, 1300 mah battery? they put in the same as the eris to power a phone with much more horsepower? i find it kind of ridiculous. i bought some 1500s on ebay but even blackberrys have more power in their batteries

flytyer likes this.
  20. murmur11

murmur11 Active Member

When I need to continuously use the internet for that long, I normally take a device called LAPTOP... BTW... Good luck finding a new device..

21. jryan727

LOL generally when people are going to the emergency room, they're not thinking about how they'll keep themselves occupied.

22. marcelob

marcelob Well-Known Member

Bye, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

P.S. Please let us know when you've received your new uber phone with 45x longer battery life and the same performance. I'm curious to see photos of your briefcase-sized phone.

23. jryan727

Dude, why are you so angrily sarcastic? Do you own some HTC stock or something?

24. heyeaglefn

heyeaglefn Well-Known Member

Haha, have a feeling that email is going to end up getting spammed.

25. ORDarksideD

ORDarksideD Active Member

Don't be a troll. Either buy a battery, Send the phone back, or shut up. Thank You.