• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sending MMS General Network Failure

dpmpv

Lurker
Jan 29, 2012
I can receive MMS fine but when i try and send one it keeps retrying to send it then 10 mins later will say it failed to send due to general network failure. I have handcents but i have tired sending it through the stock one but not luck. I restarted the phone, battery pulled and ran it in safe mode no luck. Reading other forums I found out they way to fix it is to clear the data from the stock messaging application but when I try settings -> applications-> manage applications->all-> Messages there is 1.00MD of data but the Clear data button is grayed out even after i force close it. Is this normal? or it this corrupted? How do I go about fixing this problem? (i read a number of people saying that factory restores dont work for this so want to try everything before i lose all my game data and have to reset up my phone) I'm non-rooted stock

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones