Sending multiple texts?Support

1. ATOJAR

ATOJAR Well-Known Member

Guys if i wanna send a text to multiple people how do i do this?

I was hoping that there would maybe be a list of my contacts with a box next to their name that i could tick as many boxes as i wanted then click send and it would send the text to all the people i chose?

Is there anyway to do this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. sonnysideup

sonnysideup Active Member

New Message, Put name into the "to".. it will automatically jump to the message when you select the name, then just press next the name you put into the to and then add more names
  3. ATOJAR

ATOJAR Well-Known Member

So there is no way to see a list of contacts?
  4. Foxspeed

Foxspeed Well-Known Member

5. theguest13

theguest13 Well-Known Member

but i've come from a htc desire where i had Handcent sms installed and this allows you to scroll through your contacts and tick each person. i installed it, sent the message, then uninstalled as im quite happy with the stock messager on the nexus.

hope this helps.
  6. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

I use Handcent and never saw you could do that. I probably won't use that function though, it's easier to just type the first one or two letters of each person's name. The stock message app does that too.
  7. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

The "stock" messaging app in android has always been this way. You have to type names into the "to:" field. Thankfully, Android is open and there are 3rd party apps that allow users who want alternatives, to find and install them.

That said, I just finished reading this thread about text being sent to the wrong people using Go SMS and Handcent.... so be careful.