1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Sending pics in instant messenges

Last Updated:

1. cloudedice

cloudedice Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm yet another former Blackberry user looking for a Blackberry Messenger replacement. My wife and I used to communicate primarily through BBM frequently sending pictures. Now that we've switched to Android/GTalk we're really missing the ability to send pictures in the chat. I'd like to avoid using any text/picture messages since she's the only one I message on a regular basis and I can't justify spending an additional 5/10/20 dollars just for the convenience of sending pictures using the built in message app.

My only real requirement is that the app have the ability to send pictures in the chat. Pictures can be viewed outside of the app, but should be downloadable from the app. It can use any existing IM network out there, that's not a concern. Push is not a feature I care about either.

I already did a bit of searching on this forum and the internet. A few push style apps showed up but their quality seems marginal at best. I found it surprising that nothing fit my requirements, but maybe I missed something. I also tried both Meebo and eBuddy without success, though I limited my testing to AIM and GTalk.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. MtnDewMan

MtnDewMan Member

Pmessenger

3. saecrow

saecrow Active Member

cnectd looks like it has some cool features. . . including sending pics.

cnectd hit the description tab once you follow the link.

4. ramirezmathew

ramirezmathew New Member

Try whatsapp it works great and your friends who have a blackberry or iphone could install it and you will be able to chat with them send pics, videos location and much more.it is available on the market for free.

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

I'd suggest searching for BBM as there are many threads on this topic here and on other Android forum sites. I'm a former BB user but never used BBM so I haven't paid attention to what has been suggested.