• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sending pictures while roaming

ebc1973

Jul 1, 2010
I have a question about data usage while roaming. Multimedia messages are the same as data, thus I cannot send a picture message while roaming (I have my phone set to reject data if roaming). But sometimes I do not notice the roaming signal until after I hit send. If this happens, my EVO will continue to try to send the message, and will alert me of the failure every couple of minutes. Is there a way to stop this from happening? In other words, if I try to send a picture message, and I am roaming, is there a way to put the whole process on hold until I get a full signal again? It is very annoying to have it keep beeping at me. The only way I can stop it is to put the phone on Airplane mode. But then I can't do voice calls, or send and receive regular texts. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Why are you afraid of roaming?

For the exact reason ScorpDX mentioned.

Sometimes I don't notice the roaming icon, and I will be looking out for it in the future. Sometimes I am just rushing, and I hit the button, and bam, there I am roaming, and am stuck with the phone constantly trying to re-send it. I guess that is the best bet, to just be more aware of my status. Thanks for the response.

Upvote 0
And unlike what the other guy said, it's 450MB, not 300MB. Also, that's a lot of data to pull down when roaming. Unless you're constantly roaming I wouldn't even concern myself.

From Sprint.com
Voice/Data Usage Limitation: Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to limit
throughput speeds, and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. Prohibited network use rules apply. See in-store materials or sprint.com/termsandconditions for specific prohibited uses.
And that's not a lot of data at all. For those of us that actually use the phone a lot it won't take long at all to add up that kind of usage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones