sending sms from notebook and internet connectionSupport

1. jimkong

jimkong Member

I have 2 question to resolve before jumping in to get the Galaxy S3

1. How to read/send sms when composing in the notebook and send out from the S3?

2. Can I connect to the internet Via 3G using the S3 for my notebook connectivity?

Thanks a million

Advertisement
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hello and welcome aboad. You'll find discussions on this phone over here. I've moved your thread to the Samsung Galaxy s3 forum. &#12471;
    jimkong likes this.
  3. elbeeuk

elbeeuk Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    If you mean you want to be able to receive and reply to SMS messages on your PC, you could try MyPhoneExplorer. It worked with my HTC Desire so it should hopefully work with the SGS3.

In terms of tethering your phone to your laptop (I'm assuming that's what you mean by notebook), I'm not sure as I've not tried it yet.

HTH

Elbee
    kiddzi and jimkong like this.
  4. jimkong

jimkong Member

Thank, I will keep that in mind....
  5. jimkong

jimkong Member

Thank buddy.
  6. Evo 5oh

Evo 5oh Well-Known Member

Well I have PhoneDeck. You can read and receive text messages. It tells you fun facts like How much pollution your messages and call are producing to this world. lol
    You can add a contact from the computer/browser and pictures aswell and it will appear on your phone. You can even call them. It works really nice
    jimkong likes this.
  7. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

Yes, I have tethered my laptop and used the internet through the 3G of my GS3.

As to the other part. Samsung's Kies Air has the function to type sms messages on the pc and send them via the phone.

You install Kies air on your phone from the store, and connect over wifi via a browser on the computer.

It actually seems to have much more functionality than the installed windows Kies application.
    jimkong likes this.
  8. jimkong

jimkong Member

This is from samsung support.

1) You will not be able to read and compose SMS from the notebook to the Galaxy S III.
    2) You will be able to connect the PC to the phone via portable WiFi hotspot under settings > more settings > Thethering and portable hotspot.
  9. kiddzi

kiddzi Member

Thanks once again elbeeuk.

Downloaded and tried MyPhoneExplorer with my S3 and it worked perfectly as I wanted first time.
    Best thing about it is that you can connect via USB as well instead of most others which only work over 'the cloud'!
  10. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

I use DeskSMS for texting from Chrome on whatever PC I'm on, brilliant software.