• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sending text messages to multiple recipients?

Separate the Names by commas in the "To field"

If you're starting from a blank message, start typing the first persons name, it'll populate a list of contacts from your contact list, select the appropriate one and it will automatically move to the body of the message. You have to click the "To" field again and it will automatically add the comma, so you can start typing the next name.

Repeat and rinse

Upvote 0
If you want the functionality you are seeking then you need to purchase the app called "Group SMS plus 2.0" from the Android Market. You can make specific groups that are saved, or pick and choose from your contacts. The app isn't the prettiest, and it costs about $1.50 but it is well worth it. I am not affiliated with this developer in any way for the record.

Upvote 0
Go to your marketplace and search for either Text Easy or Handcent. Both are free and either one will allow you to scroll through your contact list to select individual contacts. You can also group contacts and select the group if you wish. Handcent's default view look like the iphone's text messaging with the speech bubbles left and right outlining the conversation.

Reactions: loststarfleet
Upvote 0
thanks this was very helpful and i chose the "easy text" app what a relief. I was wondering if you knew about drafts. I used to store multiple drafts to send out throughout the day without having to type them on the moment. Is there a way to store several drafts for later delivery....do you know?...even cheap phone can do that.

Upvote 0
Try the new TXT Group Messaging App from AppsDev LLC. It allows you to make a Group then add contacts from you phone book. The Groups are stored in a database on your phone. Once you have a Group you can send a SMS message to the Group or schedule it to send at a later time and date. The APP keeps your Groups in a Group List that you can use to select a group and send a message anytime. The App has a complete reporting system that allows you to view who the message was sent to you can even email it to yourself and have a record of your message. And yes I am the developer.

Upvote 0
Try the new TXT Group Messaging App from AppsDev LLC. It allows you to make a Group then add contacts from you phone book. The Groups are stored in a database on your phone. Once you have a Group you can send a SMS message to the Group or schedule it to send at a later time and date. The APP keeps your Groups in a Group List that you can use to select a group and send a message anytime. The App has a complete reporting system that allows you to view who the message was sent to you can even email it to yourself and have a record of your message. And yes I am the developer.
Since your the developer why has no one been able to select the numbers and have it stay that way. What I mean is almost every contact has multiple numbers or emails, so when you select a group you have to go through the contacts and select the numbers over and over every time you select the group. There needs to be a way you can make a number a default number so you don't have to keep doing that. Please

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones