sending text messages to multiple recipients?Support

Last Updated:

1. silenceforus

silenceforus Active Member This Topic's Starter

As title says. I'm trying to send a shoutout to everyone of my new google voice number, how do I do it?

Advertisement
  2. foremanb5

foremanb5 New Member

would like to know about this also

3. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

Separate the Names by commas in the "To field"

If you're starting from a blank message, start typing the first persons name, it'll populate a list of contacts from your contact list, select the appropriate one and it will automatically move to the body of the message. You have to click the "To" field again and it will automatically add the comma, so you can start typing the next name.

Repeat and rinse

4. foremanb5

foremanb5 New Member

That helps a bit.There's no way to be able to scroll your contact list and click appropriate recipients ??

5. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

You could make groups.

6. phaze3131

phaze3131 Well-Known Member

That's annoying, make a new group everytime you pick a list of people you want to receive a certain message?

7. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

It was nothing more then a suggestion as a way to keep from adding x amount of names to a list. Dont like it, dont use it. Simple as that.

8. iPhoneMilk

iPhoneMilk Well-Known Member

Groups in google voice?

I made a group, and it wont let me pull it up when sending a text from google voice.

9. ergalthema

ergalthema Well-Known Member

I too want to scroll through my contacts and pick who I add to the message. Are groups the only way to do this?
    What is the easiest way to create a group on the droid?

10. ergalthema

ergalthema Well-Known Member

I too want to scroll through my contacts and pick who I add to the message. Are groups the only way to do this?
    What is the easiest way to create a group on the droid?

11. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

If you want the functionality you are seeking then you need to purchase the app called "Group SMS plus 2.0" from the Android Market. You can make specific groups that are saved, or pick and choose from your contacts. The app isn't the prettiest, and it costs about $1.50 but it is well worth it. I am not affiliated with this developer in any way for the record.

12. shanelby

shanelby Active Member

Handscent allowss u to scroll through ur contacts...... I was irratated until I learned there is an app for that lol

13. shanelby

shanelby Active Member

Goin through my google account on line was the easiest way for me to create groups

14. Ashtonryan

Ashtonryan New Member

Go to your marketplace and search for either Text Easy or Handcent. Both are free and either one will allow you to scroll through your contact list to select individual contacts. You can also group contacts and select the group if you wish. Handcent's default view look like the iphone's text messaging with the speech bubbles left and right outlining the conversation.

loststarfleet likes this.
  15. scottydo

scottydo Member

how do you create groups with handcent? i was trying to figure this out the ohter day and couldn't seem to get it

16. loststarfleet

loststarfleet New Member

I have over 50 ppl in my contact list and my list doesn't populate at all. It gives me part of a name and a number below it for exapmle Susan and below it <678 4325> but that message doesn't go to here despite the fact she in my contact list any ideas

17. loststarfleet

loststarfleet New Member

thanks this was very helpful and i chose the "easy text" app what a relief. I was wondering if you knew about drafts. I used to store multiple drafts to send out throughout the day without having to type them on the moment. Is there a way to store several drafts for later delivery....do you know?...even cheap phone can do that.

18. acutter

acutter New Member

Try the new TXT Group Messaging App from AppsDev LLC. It allows you to make a Group then add contacts from you phone book. The Groups are stored in a database on your phone. Once you have a Group you can send a SMS message to the Group or schedule it to send at a later time and date. The APP keeps your Groups in a Group List that you can use to select a group and send a message anytime. The App has a complete reporting system that allows you to view who the message was sent to you can even email it to yourself and have a record of your message. And yes I am the developer.

19. bucs1fan

bucs1fan Member

Since your the developer why has no one been able to select the numbers and have it stay that way. What I mean is almost every contact has multiple numbers or emails, so when you select a group you have to go through the contacts and select the numbers over and over every time you select the group. There needs to be a way you can make a number a default number so you don't have to keep doing that. Please