sending text through wifi

Last Updated: 2012-10-12 23:47:09
  1. dannyglover

dannyglover New Member

Recently my service has been turned off so I'm looking for a way to send text through my phone only using wifi. apps like google voice don't work because I have to verify my phone number so anything like that is a no go. I recall their used to be a way to send text through googe on the computer can I do that with my phone?

Thank you

Advertisement
  2. Markjones

Markjones Well-Known Member

Why not try an APP like Viber or WhatsApp Messenger
    These both have the ability to send messages and make calls using Wifi (no mobile connection needed)
    I have been using Viber since I had my phone and it's great
  3. mikewb

mikewb Member

I use TextPlus on my WiFi-only Samsung Galaxy Player. It works great. They even give you a free phone number so you can receive text messages from any device that can send SMS.
  4. dannyglover

dannyglover New Member

I cannot verify my phone because it is not connected to a service I need a program or website that I doesn't require me to verify my phone
  5. justtom

justtom Well-Known Member

Sure this is a very simple problem to fix,all you need to do is pay your bill;)
  6. tony_s_fan

tony_s_fan New Member

What about those of us who have paid bills....and have wifi tablets who want to send text messages via wifi? :)

Just sayin'.....
  7. Those with paid bills need a number too. After all texting sources and destinations are defined as phone numbers. So the paid bills need to be paid phone bills to be relevant.