sending text through wifi

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by dannyglover, May 10, 2012.

1. dannyglover

dannyglover New Member

May 10, 2012
    Recently my service has been turned off so I'm looking for a way to send text through my phone only using wifi. apps like google voice don't work because I have to verify my phone number so anything like that is a no go. I recall their used to be a way to send text through googe on the computer can I do that with my phone?

Thank you

Advertisement

2. Markjones

Markjones Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Bern, Switzerland
    Why not try an APP like Viber or WhatsApp Messenger
    These both have the ability to send messages and make calls using Wifi (no mobile connection needed)
    I have been using Viber since I had my phone and it's great

3. mikewb

mikewb Member

I use TextPlus on my WiFi-only Samsung Galaxy Player. It works great. They even give you a free phone number so you can receive text messages from any device that can send SMS.

4. dannyglover

dannyglover New Member

May 10, 2012
    I cannot verify my phone because it is not connected to a service I need a program or website that I doesn't require me to verify my phone

5. justtom

justtom Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    North East Pa. USA...
    Sure this is a very simple problem to fix,all you need to do is pay your bill;)

6. tony_s_fan

tony_s_fan New Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Unemployed/Disabled
    Putnam, CT
    What about those of us who have paid bills....and have wifi tablets who want to send text messages via wifi? :)

Just sayin'.....

7. Ceverol

Oct 3, 2012
    Those with paid bills need a number too. After all texting sources and destinations are defined as phone numbers. So the paid bills need to be paid phone bills to be relevant.