Sending text?Support

1. asdfasdf128

asdfasdf128 Member

Anyone know how to send a text to someone NOT your phone book? My stupid phone wont let me send a message without adding the # to my contact list or calling them first. (Sucks when trying to contact people on craigslist/forums)

Advertisement
  2. James Sell

James Sell Member

Wish I could help you but I use the Handcent SMS App, and you can just type in a new number and send the text.
  3. Josh-SonyXperia

Josh-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Just to confirm, when you open the messaging app and you click on the Add recipient button, do you see a box that says "Enter name, number or email"?
  4. asdfasdf128

asdfasdf128 Member

^ correct.
  5. iamviveksri

iamviveksri Well-Known Member

when u press the Add button after entering a number which is not there in your contacts list, the next screen is confusing u

just press Done which is at the bottom of the screen ignoring all the contacts -- dont have to select any-

and that number will be in the recipients list.... now go ahead and msg ! :)

hope the phone lives up to its IQ requirement :)
  6. asdfasdf128

asdfasdf128 Member

^ there is no option for "done". Its also a pain in the ass to scroll through TONS of contacts to be able to send a text. I got the Handcent SMS App, but its still a shame that sony missed something like this.
  7. iamviveksri

please update your phone--- others please check if you are seeing the Done option--- i can
  8. asdfasdf128

asdfasdf128 Member

^ it says I have the latest software. Where are you located? Perhaps the option for "done" is a regional option? (I'm in the US)
  9. lampthis

lampthis Active Member

I'm in Canada, and I also don't have the 'done' option. Software is the latest version available.
  10. iamviveksri

i am in India. however let me repeat the steps i took
    clicked on message icon
    on top of the next screen is the New Message button- i click it

a message box appears along with an Add recipient button- i click that

now, on the top are two buttons contacts and favorites out of which Contacts is the selected one. below this is a blank space with the words [enter name number or email]. i enter the un-saved number [from the craigslist :)] The Add button on the right of this blank space which was inactive till now becomes Active and you can see the word Add clearly. i click it

when i do this the blank space where i entered the unsaved number becomes BLANK again, and on the bottom of the screen a word comes saying " Selected 1" just below that there are two buttons Done and Cancel. i click Done

the screen clears and the message box appears at the bottom and the new unsaved number can be seen on the top. now i enter the message and press Send button

tell me what happens at your end when u follow all these steps!! phew
    asdfasdf128 likes this.
  11. asdfasdf128

asdfasdf128 Member

^ haha, it worked! A bit more complicated than it should have been, but it worked! Thanks!
  12. iamviveksri

you are most welcome!!
  13. ringfullaway

ringfullaway New Member

hi everyone,
    i normally use the phonepad format for making sms, lately i noticed the 'space' button has become very sluggish and lacks sensivity, i have to back track many times because of typo errors especially since i use predictive text always. does anyone have this problem? do you know the cause? all other keys are working fine.
  14. iamviveksri

try a new way of typing called Swype
    ringfullaway likes this.
  15. ringfullaway

ringfullaway New Member

hi vivek, i didnt know it could do that, it works better now
    cheers from kuala lumpur