Support Sending text?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by asdfasdf128, Mar 15, 2012.

1. asdfasdf128

asdfasdf128 Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Anyone know how to send a text to someone NOT your phone book? My stupid phone wont let me send a message without adding the # to my contact list or calling them first. (Sucks when trying to contact people on craigslist/forums)

Advertisement

2. James Sell

James Sell Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Wish I could help you but I use the Handcent SMS App, and you can just type in a new number and send the text.

3. Josh-SonyXperia

Josh-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Social media coordinator at Sony Mobile
    Just to confirm, when you open the messaging app and you click on the Add recipient button, do you see a box that says "Enter name, number or email"?

4. asdfasdf128

asdfasdf128 Member

Jan 11, 2012
  5. iamviveksri

iamviveksri Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Male
    when u press the Add button after entering a number which is not there in your contacts list, the next screen is confusing u

just press Done which is at the bottom of the screen ignoring all the contacts -- dont have to select any-

and that number will be in the recipients list.... now go ahead and msg ! :)

hope the phone lives up to its IQ requirement :)

6. asdfasdf128

asdfasdf128 Member

Jan 11, 2012
    ^ there is no option for "done". Its also a pain in the ass to scroll through TONS of contacts to be able to send a text. I got the Handcent SMS App, but its still a shame that sony missed something like this.

7. iamviveksri

Feb 2, 2012
    Male
    please update your phone--- others please check if you are seeing the Done option--- i can

8. asdfasdf128

asdfasdf128 Member

Jan 11, 2012
    ^ it says I have the latest software. Where are you located? Perhaps the option for "done" is a regional option? (I'm in the US)

9. lampthis

lampthis Active Member

Feb 3, 2012
    B.C.
    I'm in Canada, and I also don't have the 'done' option. Software is the latest version available.

10. iamviveksri

Feb 2, 2012
    Male
    i am in India. however let me repeat the steps i took
    clicked on message icon
    on top of the next screen is the New Message button- i click it

a message box appears along with an Add recipient button- i click that

now, on the top are two buttons contacts and favorites out of which Contacts is the selected one. below this is a blank space with the words [enter name number or email]. i enter the un-saved number [from the craigslist :)] The Add button on the right of this blank space which was inactive till now becomes Active and you can see the word Add clearly. i click it

when i do this the blank space where i entered the unsaved number becomes BLANK again, and on the bottom of the screen a word comes saying " Selected 1" just below that there are two buttons Done and Cancel. i click Done

the screen clears and the message box appears at the bottom and the new unsaved number can be seen on the top. now i enter the message and press Send button

tell me what happens at your end when u follow all these steps!! phew

asdfasdf128 likes this.
  11. asdfasdf128

asdfasdf128 Member

Jan 11, 2012
    ^ haha, it worked! A bit more complicated than it should have been, but it worked! Thanks!

12. iamviveksri

Feb 2, 2012
    Male
    you are most welcome!!

13. ringfullaway

ringfullaway New Member

Jan 29, 2011
    hi everyone,
    i normally use the phonepad format for making sms, lately i noticed the 'space' button has become very sluggish and lacks sensivity, i have to back track many times because of typo errors especially since i use predictive text always. does anyone have this problem? do you know the cause? all other keys are working fine.

14. iamviveksri

Feb 2, 2012
    Male
    try a new way of typing called Swype

ringfullaway likes this.
  15. ringfullaway

ringfullaway New Member

Jan 29, 2011
    hi vivek, i didnt know it could do that, it works better now
    cheers from kuala lumpur