sending texts from pc

Last Updated:

1. oldrover1938

oldrover1938 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi is there any software that lets you send texts from your pc, like Nokia PC Suite & Samsungs PC Studio 3:eek:

Advertisement
  2. peterb23

peterb23 Well-Known Member

Not sure if there is a desktop solution but if you are on t-mobile you can login to "my-tmobile" and send a webtext.

oldrover1938 likes this.
  3. nomnompie

nomnompie Well-Known Member

If you have a gmail account (I assume if you have an android phone you do ;) ) you can text phone numbers. I find gmail works the best with this, but others should work. You need to know the suffix of the carrier you are trying to send a text to.

For instance, if you are "emailing" a text to an AT&T subscriber, you send "to" their 10-digit phone number, and for at&t the suffix is @txt.att.net, or @mms.mycingular.com.

So you would send to (10-digit number)@txt.att.net

This way, people can reply to your message.

Hint, if you send as a text, chances are the person who receives it will see it coming from a random number so you may need to let them know it is you texting them. If you send as an MMS they will see your email address as "from". Make sure they have unlimited txt and pics or MMS might cost extra.

I do this at work when I need to text people because I have no cell service in my building. :D

4. jplamb

jplamb Well-Known Member

As Peterb23 said use your operators website, a lot of them provide a texting service where you can use your inclusive texts. some also offer free texts (but they come from a random number)

what network are you on?

5. oldrover1938

oldrover1938 Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry for the late reply, I'm on T Mobile