Sending vCard using Gmail?Support

Last Updated:

1. sevend7

sevend7 New Member This Topic's Starter

this is one of the few major complaints I have with our phone. WHen I want to send my vCard (or any contact card) I can only choose from Bluetooth, MMS (costs money) or the "HTC" Mail apps. Since I use a Gmail account i dont have any other mail clients configured.

Am I doing something wrong? Have I missed some setting that will allow me to send a contact card via Gmail?

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement
  2. sevend7

sevend7 New Member This Topic's Starter

bump...anyone?

3. staz1000

staz1000 Well-Known Member

Another bump! Anyone?

I tried to send a vcard by email for the rirst time yesterday and the only option is using mail rather than gmail. Bit silly really.

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

The HTC mail app handles attachments better than gmail. Eg download attachments gmail will only preview. I configure both with HTC mail notifications off. Works for me. Not ideal obviously

5. staz1000

staz1000 Well-Known Member

Not really no.

6. defrederick

defrederick Member

I just tried to do the same thing and have spent too much time looking for the solution. It appears to be a HTC bug/oversight.

Does anyone know of a "people" app that will allow me to send a vcard through Gmail? How do you get to the native Android contacts app on the HTC Desire?

7. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 New Member

I just bought an HTC Evo Design (6/01/2012) and this still seems to be an issue. Please tell me that a year and a half later someone has found a solution to this.