Sending video messages on the Evo....

Last Updated:

1. dothedew23

dothedew23 Member This Topic's Starter

I lowered my resolution to VGA and i was actually able to send the video message but it took forever (and it was only a 6 second video) and then i got a text back saying that my friends phone couldnt support the file or somethin.He just got a Droid X so I dont see why it would say that and he has unlimited data.Anybody else having problems sending video messages??

Advertisement
  2. Twistax

Twistax Well-Known Member

Sending the video via the Sprint network, you need to set the size down to the smallest setting before recording the video, which is QVGA (320x240). This is the only type of video that is supported over the sprint (phone to phone) network. And possibly keep it to 30 seconds limit.

Just because the other person has an EVO or Droid, doesnt mean the network supports the HD Video transfer..

If you want to ssend the full size video you need to use the email client and attach it, to their email.

Anybody else know any different?

3. R1_Rydah

R1_Rydah Well-Known Member

:edit: yeah what he said ^^

4. dothedew23

dothedew23 Member This Topic's Starter

thanks guys!

5. vgsantiago

vgsantiago Well-Known Member

Another option is recording via qik and uploading to it's site. That way you can record using high quality whatever that equals to on Qik. If you give them the url it works just as well on their phone. Actually much better. Doesn't answer the question but another option. Hope that helps.