Sending videos to FacebookGeneral

Last Updated:

1. usedtobeanyer

usedtobeanyer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having a hard time uploading videos that I record with my Eris to Facebook. After recording the video, Facebook is not one of the options that is presented to me when I click share. When I try YouTube, I get an error message that the video is too large. My only option is to e-mail it to myself, then go to my computer and upload from there. Not really what I'm looking for.

Any suggestions? I believe there's an app called Qik or something like that which my do this but I'm not sure?

Advertisement
  2. usedtobeanyer

Ok, so to answer my own question I found Qik and it looks pretty cool. I'm wondering if anyone is a Qik user and what their thoughts on it are? It appears that Qik allows you to broadcast live, which isn't really what I'm looking for although I guess that could be pretty cool. Really I just want to be able to record a video and get it on Facebook quickly, and I think I'm all set to do that. Although it also seems that by integrating my FB account with Qik, it will just automatically upload any video I record to FB. Is that right?

If there are any Qik users out there who can describe how they use it I'd appreciate it!

3. pea

pea Active Member

You can use qik to record videos and not broadcast live. also, you have a specific email address for Facebook where you can send things to. This allows you to send pics and vids to the email address and automatically upload to Facebook.

4. Brandice

Brandice New Member

I'm gonna piggyback on this. Ok I get the whole Qik for uploading videos as you record and emailing videos but the email limits your video upload size. I want to know how to upload videos already stored on my phone becauase Qik doesn't do that and they're to big for the email option. Any help?

5. usedtobeanyer

I don't have an answer for this, but I will say I gave up on Qik as I just wasn't happy with it. Very slow and clunky and just didn't perform well.

Can anyone recommend an alternative to send a video to Facebook?

6. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

Bloo works alright for me and it's free.