Sensation (XE) and others - poor image & video quality?General

How do you find the Sensation's image & video quality?

1. Poor - worse than expected

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Average - as expected

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Good - better than expected

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  1. UKseagull

UKseagull Well-Known Member

I've had my XE for 3 days and one thing in particular that disappoints me is the camera quality, on both the photos and the HD video. How do you find it to be?

Advertisement
    :
  2. ChadKaplowski

ChadKaplowski Well-Known Member

I have a Sanyo HD pocket camcorder but have had no use for it since getting my XE, it does what it needs to, HQ pictures and videos, and I quite like the filters on the camera too.

If I wanted reallyt hiogh end photos and videos, I'd buy a camera especially for tohat. The XE gets photos on the go and thats what I need it for.
  3. UKseagull

I had an Incredible S before this and it produced much sharper images. :confused: Do you have a link to any of your pics or vids for comparison?
  4. rwleigh

rwleigh Well-Known Member

I find the camera very good personally.

Here's an example from my Sensation.

[​IMG]
  5. rwleigh

rwleigh Well-Known Member

UKseagull likes this.
  6. johncf

johncf Well-Known Member

yeah i actually find the hd video pretty good also.

the still camera imo is also pretty good in the right conditions, it doesnt do well in dark places.
  7. rappy

rappy Active Member

I agree with one of the above posts that if you want top quality pictures then get a digital camera. I find Optical zoom more import than megapixels when you reach 8mp and over.
  8. UKseagull

It's not that I'm wanting top quality pics, I just expected them to look better. :)
  9. alxcsb

alxcsb Member

Personally, I find the quality decent for a phone. As far as I am concerned it exactly what I needed in terms of being able to take a quick shot on the go. The HD video quality is above average and it does stereo sound recording as well, which is kind of a novelty still.
  10. UKseagull

I've just tried another test using 1080p, I've uploaded it to Youtube but the max playback quality is ony 480. Why isn't there a 1080 option? :confused:

Would you say that the video quality is accepatble?

HTC Sensation XE HD test - YouTube
  11. ajrr1

ajrr1 Active Member

Not fantastic in motion, picture quality looks good though. It looks like it was a dull day but the colours aren't too washed out. I'd be happy. Nice outlook onto the garden from your kitchen by the way!
    UKseagull likes this.
  12. alxcsb

alxcsb Member

YouTube takes a bit of time before it offers the full HD option. I'm sure it will be 1080p in a couple of hours.
  13. balders

balders Well-Known Member

you need to get some more washing up liquid pretty soon by the way.
  14. UKseagull

Well spotted Balders! :D
  15. romil26

romil26 Member

What is the average size of 8mp images you are getting from sensation xe camera?
    Asking this because I am getting about 800kb images which from my opinion is very small size for 8mp camera.
    Are you guys also getting about the same size??
  16. zac1987

zac1987 New Member

HTC sensation camera is poor on zooming, u can did a test, open notepad type long long words, then I use my htc sensation xe stay far away from monitor, zoom in to capture photo on the words on notepad on the monitor screen at 10p.m night, then u will see the words become very blur!!!