Sensation XE Car Dock Mode QuerySupport

1. willcaddy

willcaddy Member

Hi all

First off just wana say thank you to anyone that can help :)

I have the HTC Sensation XE and i got the official car dock for it. I love both but there's just one annoying thing I'm not sure if its possible to change. When you put it in the dock it only wants to launch HTC Locations and doesn't give you the option for any other car dock which is annoying because I would like to use Ultra Dock off the market.

I've disabled HTC Locations which has stopped it popping up but I'm guessing the HTC Locations Launcher is still denying access to the dock mode for other apps. (I'm hoping I'm making sense lol :p)

I was wondering if there is any way to clear the defaults for HTC Locations Launcher (option greyed out

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Your phone supports NFC tags.

I've heard about solutions with a NFC tag on the car dock and NFC launcher apps.

Harry
  3. dnapro

dnapro Well-Known Member

The Sensation XE doesn't support NFC in anyway shape or form??
    Harry2 likes this.
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

You're right about this ... I mixed up phones, sorry :(

Harry
  5. willcaddy

willcaddy Member

Thank you both for your help so far! Any other suggestions you can think of?

Thanks a lot :)

Will
  6. dnapro

dnapro Well-Known Member

I think the only way around this is to root your phone, if the option to clear defaults is greyed out it normally means that it's locked out from being set as anything other that the default dock.
  7. willcaddy

willcaddy Member

Thanks for the reply :) is there a way if rooting my phone and adding superuser to the stock Rom I've got now? Because all I want to do is get rid of the HTC locations launcher ?

Thanks again :)

Will
  8. willcaddy

willcaddy Member

*Bump* Anyone got any ideas about the above post? Would be really grateful :)

Thanks again ;)