• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sensation XE touch screen problems

MrMister

Nov 15, 2010
Seem to be having a problem whereby the touch screen stops responding on my sensation XE if I haven't got a hold of the phone. eg if its on the arm of a chair, or in the holder in the car.

Anyone else? Sometimes I have to pick it up and press power/sleep button to get it to respond.

I have a screen shield on but as I say it works fine when I hold it.

Is it faulty? Any way to test it?

Hi guys

yup, had the p'roblem myself, I actually started athread about it here -> http://androidforums.com/htc-sensation-xe/434142-sensation-xe-screen-not-responding.html

I find its more responsive when held in my left hand, due to where the grounding is within toeh case. Also, when the problem arises, the 'drain the battery right down and do a battery pull, leave it for an hour before replacing and recharging' clears theissue perfectly.

Upvote 0
Can someone please help I just got my first phone yesterday and it's an htc sensation xe. the phone worked great. Once I let it charge for about 4 hours and updated to ICS everything went downhill the touch screens resopnds when it wants to I tried tin foil and every thing and still no luck. Is it a bad battery.

Upvote 0
PLEASE HELP ME , I HAAD THE TOUCH problem in my sensation since 6 months . I found that tin foil usage for grounding in some forum and it worked for me , but now again after 3 months problem again arised ,.,.,., any one having solution for this ,.,. please help me ,..,., its really horrible to use the mobile,, i even not able attendd the calls,.., because of these random touch issuses.,.,,.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones