Sense 2.2 rom yet?

Last Updated:

1. lambo172

lambo172 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, i was just wondering if anyone knows if someone has made a sense based froyo rom. thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

lambo172,

Not sure if we'll see this since Sense is an HTC thing and that source code has not been published as far as I know.

The Froyo ROMs that have been built have been derived from either AOSP or CyanogenMod source or a combination of both.

HTC would have to build and release such a ROM and I don't think that's going to happen (unless a very enterprising dev has the wherewithall and desire to build such a thing (i.e., not sure if the Sense components that are currently available (2.1 Rosie.apk?) would be compatible with 2.2 code).

Cheers!

3. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

doesnt the incredible have 2.2 ... i am not very tech savvy so this may be a dumb question but wouldnt it be possible for someone who really wanted to to get the sense 2.2 off the incredible for the eris?

4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

I think that without the source (for HTC Sense) you have to take the .apks and .odex files that are presumably built specifically for that phone. Andrizoid was going to port the ROMs he built to the Incredible, but the phone's resolution differences stopped him in his tracks. Too many phone-specific dependencies, I guess.

5. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

Jamezelle is getting close to getting a 2.2 Sense rom on the Droid finished, so your best bet would be to get that ported to the Eris. I do believe Kaos and another dev (of the Cookie Rom) were working on separate builds and both have found it very challenging. It's still a possiblity though.