Sense 3.0 on DHD?General

1. The-Stig

The-Stig Well-Known Member

OK, so this might be a stupid question, apologies in advance if it is, but is it possible to get sense 3.0 on the DHD? I have just been looking at the Sensation and as im not due an upgrade for another 12 months thought a new UI might be a halfway house!

Advertisement
    :
  2. gorisha

gorisha New Member

I'm not sure whether I understood what you are interested but I pounuditi some answers,
    There is prosecuted ROMs 3.0 with sense (even with a sense 3.5) and the official publication of the DHD update 2.3.5 with gingerbread and sense 3.0 is expected later this month
    The-Stig likes this.
  3. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Yeah - there are some custom rom's that run 3.0 (all ok if you are rooted/want to root) but, from other threads on here (and the post above), it appears that 3.0 will be coming toi the DHD soon anyway (if you're not rooted/wanting to root)
    The-Stig likes this.
  4. The-Stig

The-Stig Well-Known Member

so not such a stupid question! Thanks for the answers guys, think i will wait for the official update!
  5. D-U-R-X

No problemo mate!! By all accounts, it should be coming out pretty soon!
  6. gorisha

gorisha New Member

I sense makes good use of 3.0 and today I installed the 3.5 ROM with a sense so that if you do not update (and will) still a possibility to use
  7. kingdave

kingdave Well-Known Member

Have you got a source for this? Then we can all start shouting at HTC again when it doesn't then up when promised! :)
  8. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

9. kingdave

10. El Presidente

I don't think there's been anything official, but generally speaking, when the RUU's are leaked, the proper release isn't too far behind.
  11. springy

springy Well-Known Member

Yup, but I have heard the RUU leak cannot be installed unless rooted. Mike1986 said there is a surprised coming at the end of the month and there have been rumors that sense 3.5 is coming.. figures cross!!!
  12. kingdave

Will it be like the GB release do you think? We wait and wait and wait for carriers to get the software, test it, tweak it, test it some more, tweak it again, do a deal so that Vodafone get it first, then release it a month or two after the scheduled release date? :(:(
  13. El Presidente

Would you expect it any other way? :p
  14. kingdave

Well, its now the end of September. Where the hell is it?!?! ;););):p:p:p
  15. springy

16. springy

PrideLeader likes this.
  17. ral

ral Well-Known Member

MSLuyt likes this.
  18. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Well-Known Member

you know, ive been happy with the stock DHD rom for a while now...till i had a play with a friends Sensation and i was like...oooo....i'd like a piece of that. interesting how HTc have suddenly caved in and are going to provide us with the Sense v3.

will we be getting v3.0 or 3.5? 3.5 works better with single core devices right? and anyways, if the chuffing 600mhz HTC Explorer can get 3.5, we better be getting the latest sense!!!!
  19. ral

ral Well-Known Member

HTC signed the accord where it is supposed to support phones 18 months from release date.
  20. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Well-Known Member

So the DHD will be getting sense 3.0 eventually. How will the upgrade be rolled out? Does it have to be approved by the carriers like in the Android. I am in Canada on Telus network and I would love to have Sense 3.0.

Unfortunately I can't root my phone on Telus network, otherwise I would be all over the 3.0 Sense ROM.
  21. El Presidente

If you're network branded it will be dependant on Telus when/if you get the update.

Regarding root, all DHD's are rootable now, branded or not. :)
  22. kingdave

Pardon me for asking, but why can't you root your phone on Telus? Never heard of anything like this before and I'm intrigued!!
  23. El Presidente

For a while, there were certain software versions that were unrootable as all the normal vulnerabilities were patched. The Telus software (2.43.xxx.x I think) was one of them.
  24. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Well-Known Member

Well you can root Telus HD phones. There seems to be extra steps and people seem to be getting on and off results. I want to do it cause I would love sense 3.0...but it seems like a risky procedure considering for my fixed income earning ass at the moment.

No word yet on to when HTC will actually push an over the air upgrade for sense 3.0 is there.
  25. D-U-R-X

I was sure I read on here that Sense 3.5 will be coming to the DHD (and we may not even be getting 3.0).