• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sense 5 begins to roll out on HOX+

AT&T auto updating as I type.

532MB - eager to see results!

A few comments/observations...

I kinda like the new Sense 5 screens - "cleaner" images
New screen visuals for weather and phone
No perceived change in speed

NOTE: large file download - be sure you're plugged in as even the battery drains during download

The screen seemed to "freeze" at end and even the power on/off button had no effect but eventually all was completed

IIRC, 42 "apps" were changed according to the install screen notation

WARNING UPDATE: Battery is overheating to dangerous levels and reached 123 degrees via my battery app. Powered off to avoid further damage.

Upvote 0
Makes me think rooting might be a thing to try... but it would have to be idiot proof and I'd have to be sober

I think I'm going that way now too. I would have preferred an official update, it certainly would have been easier and less risky. But Telus just removed the One X+ from their listing of phones on their update page, so I think that's the final nail in the coffin.

You can unlock the bootloader through HTC's website, and then XDA has some pretty straightforward rooting & ROMing guides. The Elegancia ROM looks like it might be pretty nice.

I rooted my old HTC Desire so I'm not too intimidated by it, just have to clear a few hours out of my schedule and take it nice and slow. And really, without S-OFF, it's pretty much impossible to brick it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones