Sense Based Rom

Last Updated:

1. metzy75

metzy75 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am currently running Kaosfroyo v38. I am bored with it, doesn't look as slick as it used to. I am looking for a sense based rom. It seems every time I flash one there speed and smoothness is no where near as good kaosfroyo. What are some of the faster sense based roms?

Advertisement
  2. jpzsports

jpzsports Well-Known Member

xtrSense - best rom out there

3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

+1 from me. This one runs great. If anything, on my phone it burns battery a little faster than the Froyo ROMs, but performance is great.

4. dlh1970

dlh1970 Member

XtrSense is the only way to go.

5. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

xtr is the way to go, if you want sense. I can't imagine going back from a froyo CM rom though.

6. metzy75

I don't see friend stream. Also how stable is jit with this rom? and will I see that much improvement?

7. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

JIT blows and is basically useless for doing anything but upping Quadrant scores when talking about 2.1 ROMs, Friendstream should be on there, either on xtrSense, or on xtrRCmix by Tenzomonk, both are extremely stable and are tied (IMO) for best Sense based ROMs out there.

8. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

that said, it doesn't hurt performance (but *does* help in rare circumstances...) its currnetly not 100 percent stable with pandora for me (dealbreaker) but seems to work fine wither everything else.

9. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

xtrSENSE does not add Friendstream; it was never offered as part of the eris sense build. I do believe that it is on xtrRCmix, though.

10. metzy75

What would happen if I moved the apk over?

Also can someone explain this Collin battery tweak. I dont understand how it works in relation to over clocking? and does it actually work?

11. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I don't know about moving Friendstream. Do a Nandroid and try it!

As for the Collin tweak, it is a service that monitors your power source and battery status (if on battery) and tweaks overclocking and CPU governor settings to give more performance (if the battery is charging) or less power draw (if the battery is draining). It decreases the maximum and minimum CPU as power drains, and conversely increases them when you are powering by AC or USB. It also tweaks a few other settings.

Read all about it here: Battery Tweak V3 BETA 6 (unreleased)

(This, of course, is as it is implemented on Froyo ROMs. On 2.1 ROMs I think that things are a little bit different - such as no Froyo audio fix, for example.)

12. lennyjew

lennyjew Well-Known Member

I've moved friendstream between ROM's before it's just been so long that I don't recall what ROM's I tried it on. The worst that happened was it didn't work and FC'd