• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sense crashing??

slugger09

Jul 20, 2010
Northern Ireland
I never had this problem with my Desire, Desire S or Incredible S, but I just recently got a Sensation and when I hit the home button I get a white screen with HTC in green and Sense resprings, doesn't happen all the time but enough to be annoying, I would say it happens 50% of the time, also happens with my girl friends One S. I also notice RAM only has around 100-150mb available even when I kill everything, could this be the problem? Really getting pissed off with this phone, crappy signal and now this. I am on ICS running 3.6 sense btw

Hi all. My wife was having same problems with her sensation xl. I noticed that both the original sence and the updated program were both running. I disabled the earlier version and all her problems were gone. I'm guessing after the upgrade to ics it didn't remove the older version. I hope this helps everyone
Dave

Dave, could you post up how to do this, please.

Upvote 0
Hi all. My wife was having same problems with her sensation xl. I noticed that both the original sence and the updated program were both running. I disabled the earlier version and all her problems were gone. I'm guessing after the upgrade to ics it didn't remove the older version. I hope this helps everyone
Dave

I take it the one to disable was the version starting with 2.7xxxxx and not 3.5xxxxx??

Reactions: Kruncha
Upvote 0
Dave

You could just be on to something with this, phone seems to be working great and fast!!

Upvote 0
Dave

I take it the one to disable was the version starting with 2.7xxxxx and not 3.5xxxxx??

You could just be on to something with this, phone seems to be working great and fast!!

I've disabled version 2.7*, let's see how we get on - If this works then we'll have to create a statue for daveg27 :)

Thanks for your input younger06 :)

@Everyone else - To disable sense 2.7* Goto Settings>Apps, click the all tab, scroll down to HTC Sense (there will be two) and disable the one that has the lower version number eg. 2.7*

Let's hope this works :)

K.

Upvote 0
I've disabled version 2.7*, let's see how we get on - If this works then we'll have to create a statue for daveg27 :)

Thanks for your input younger06 :)

@Everyone else - To disable sense 2.7* Goto Settings>Apps, click the all tab, scroll down to HTC Sense (there will be two) and disable the one that has the lower version number eg. 2.7*

Let's hope this works :)

K.

Can confirm this seems to be working on my girlfriends Sensation XE

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones