Sense crashing??Support

1. slugger09

slugger09 Well-Known Member

I never had this problem with my Desire, Desire S or Incredible S, but I just recently got a Sensation and when I hit the home button I get a white screen with HTC in green and Sense resprings, doesn't happen all the time but enough to be annoying, I would say it happens 50% of the time, also happens with my girl friends One S. I also notice RAM only has around 100-150mb available even when I kill everything, could this be the problem? Really getting pissed off with this phone, crappy signal and now this. I am on ICS running 3.6 sense btw

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

A known Sense issue with the Sensation :(

I think, Sense is now too fat for the Sensation's RAM.

When Sense restarts then I restart the phone and I'll haven't this Sense issue for a few days :)

Harry
  3. chuichi

chuichi Member

I had this issue before too, but now I'm using GoLauncher with persistent data option checked and this never happens again :)
  4. Markjones

Markjones Well-Known Member

It's a common problem with the new version and it is memory (or lack of it) that is causing 'sense' to reload. I too now restart my device every few days and the problem seems to be less frequent.
  5. daveg27

daveg27 New Member

Hi all. My wife was having same problems with her sensation xl. I noticed that both the original sence and the updated program were both running. I disabled the earlier version and all her problems were gone. I'm guessing after the upgrade to ics it didn't remove the older version. I hope this helps everyone
    Dave
    Ashy83 and Kruncha like this.
  6. younger06

younger06 Active Member

Dave, could you post up how to do this, please.
  7. younger06

younger06 Active Member

I take it the one to disable was the version starting with 2.7xxxxx and not 3.5xxxxx??
    Kruncha likes this.
  8. younger06

younger06 Active Member

You could just be on to something with this, phone seems to be working great and fast!!
  9. Kruncha

Kruncha Well-Known Member

I've disabled version 2.7*, let's see how we get on - If this works then we'll have to create a statue for daveg27 :)

Thanks for your input younger06 :)

@Everyone else - To disable sense 2.7* Goto Settings>Apps, click the all tab, scroll down to HTC Sense (there will be two) and disable the one that has the lower version number eg. 2.7*

Let's hope this works :)

K.
    nx1977, 1st_Paladin and radhx like this.
  10. younger06

younger06 Active Member

Yeah, this seems to be doing the trick. I've had a full day of connecting/disconnecting from bluetooth, using twitter (opening links), emailing photos and documents and the only white screen I got was when I updated an app on Google Play which I think is fairly regular if the app is on the sd card.
    Fingers crossed.
    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
  11. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Its how HTC has designed the multitasking in sense for ics. According to them the device is working just as intended.

Luckily sense 4.1 has resolved most of the issues.
  12. Ashy83

Ashy83 New Member

Can confirm this seems to be working on my girlfriends Sensation XE
  13. TheStand

TheStand Member

The fix appears to work. However I ended up using proLauncher in the end which solves the problem
  14. younger06

younger06 Active Member

I am using Apex launcher now and the phone is a lot more stable. I would recommend taking everything off the sense homescreens if you are using a different launcher, also get rid of six of them and just leave one blank one.
  15. admob

admob Well-Known Member

great tip, lets see what happens.. failing that, use folders, and cut back on pages on icons... that helps...
  16. radhx

radhx Member

Do you mean creating folders to store required app icons instead of placing individual app icons on home screens?
  17. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Works on Gingerbread too.

The lower/older version said it was 20mb, the newer version only 3mb.

EDIT: Sorry to be thick but how do you disable it? I can force stop, but it restarts immediately.
  18. Kruncha

Kruncha Well-Known Member

It should just have the button on the same screen (settings>apps>...), It may not be possible with Gingerbread.

K.
  19. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Will sense 4 ever come to the XE?
  20. ChappyB

ChappyB New Member

Go Launcher seemed to have solve the problem. Thanks Chuichi.
  21. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

This is a known issue with sense on ics, whether it be 3.6, 4.0, or 4.1. Disabling/removing earlier versions, or running a different launcher seem to be the common fixes.
  22. ayaznoor

ayaznoor Well-Known Member

Okay this is probably a pretty old thread, but i got thid phone yesterday and updated it to latest official firmware. The issue of sense crashing won't go away ive tried disabling the old sense version, and i don't want to install a launcher just as yet.
  23. younger06

younger06 Active Member

Switching to a launcher is the only fix (Apex & Nova are the most popular)
    I have just switched from Apex to Holo HD launcher, it's nice and light and the Apex was starting to give me trouble with some of its recent updates. The phone will not stop giving you trouble while you use Sense as your launcher, it's too hungry for RAM.