Sense Dialer = sucks... Alternate dialer apps?

Last Updated:

1. The Lorax

The Lorax Active Member

Sense dialer is slow, unintuitive, and tacky. Any alternate dialer apps that anyone uses out there? One thing I think is crucial to me is the iPhone-like alphabet along the side so you can quickly press the letter of the contact you want to call, effectively making it quicker with less screen taps. Sense dialer is very slow as far as load time as well.

Thanks y'all.

Advertisement
  2. Brent Pierce

Brent Pierce Well-Known Member

+ 1
    I think it's lame.
    RoboMonkey likes this.
  3. jadoe05

jadoe05 Well-Known Member

Maybe something is wrong with your phone. But the sense dialer does contact lookup as well. Just spell the name on the dial pad.

HTC EVO FTW!!!!
  4. Aaron91RS

Aaron91RS Well-Known Member

hit the search key and type the persons name.
    skip the dialer all together

but yeah you can also just start typing on the dialer keypad
  5. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

6. noahas

noahas Member

Try "aTakephone" it is a new app, but the developer is legendary from the Palm world. It is a great dialer replacement.
    DarkNeo and The Lorax like this.
  7. pwnst*r

8. Kaskimondo

Kaskimondo Well-Known Member

EarlyMon likes this.
  9. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member

I agree and it is the only dialer out there that can handle dialing extensions properly.
  10. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Yeah, I never 'search' contacts (browsing or other), I just start typing their name, it comes up on the list, I press and call em.
  11. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member

Dialer one, maybe AOSP dialer?

I, however, don't agree at all that it is slow though. I'm not quite sure what you have done, but once I click "phone" the dialer is up by the time I remove my finger. Its blazing fast. As for lookup, as others have stated, I just hit phone, type "Mike" for example through T9 and there he is, instantly. You want slow, you run the phone app on the Hero. lol

And I don't mean to bash what your trying to say, all I'm saying is if you consider it to be slow, something else might be wrong..
    Now if your talking about the phonebook, that is a different story. The sense phonebook does have the alphabet on the right, as you describe, and is a little slower to load depending on how many contacts you have. Why use a phonebook though when you can pull up the dialer and simply type a name
  12. pwnst*r

You're not using a stock build so it'd not be fair for you to compare.
  13. barnacles

On my evo? I sure am..
  14. rjjr2531

rjjr2531 Well-Known Member

use Dialer One....its responsive, customizable, and best part is that u have to hit a cetain part of the contacts icon to call as opposed to always hitting the creen accidentlly and you end up calling someone....go for this one.
  15. pwnst*r

Mkay, I just noticed your mods listed in your sig, so that must be for the Hero.
  16. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Yes it bites so much, I have an entire screen for dialing shortcuts. I hate it.
  17. The Lorax

The Lorax Active Member

ill check out DialerOne and aTakePhone. As for the T9 stuff, didn't know you could do that, looks like it'll be my go-to method if those dialer replacements are iffy.

when I said "slow" i meant that i get a lag, i counted 5 seconds, from when I hit 'Phone' and then the little phonebook icon to the bottom right of the T9 dialer. I just tried it again and it looks like when its in the memory it goes faster, obviously. was getting annoying to me.

Thanks for the help people, I hope this can help people in the future. I was sure I wasn't the only one that had this gripe.
  18. The Lorax

The Lorax Active Member

hold up. gesture search is out??? hell yeah.
  19. barnacles

Ah no man. Try the t9 search. MUCH easier. Guarantee you'll like it once you get used to it.
  20. barnacles

N why can't I see sigs.. hmm. I entered that mucho long ago lol and never saw it, so assumed it didn't work, or it was a paid thing
  21. The Lorax

The Lorax Active Member

ok gesture search is cool but seems to be constantly running. im just gonna use T9. thanks.
  22. jadoe05

jadoe05 Well-Known Member

I guess that takes me out too i'm not running stock. BTW not a fanboy over here that is my tapatalk signature as i love my phone flaws and all

HTC EVO FTW!!!!
  23. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member

I think the Sense dialer works just fine.
  24. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Thank you!! I love it!!

Promise to do thanks right later when not using Tapatalk. ;-)
  25. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

I happen to like the Sense dialer. Once you know how to use it, how is it bad?