Sense force closing or restarting itself?Support

Last Updated: 2012-09-19 20:48:34
  1. Pecosb

Pecosb Active Member

just got my Evo3d today, was working superb until about an hour ago.. then all of a sudden, sense force closed, popped the white htc screen (with HTC in the middle) then reloaded the home screen. Now everytime i open and back out of an app it reloads the white screen with htc and reloads the home screen and all the widgets (like agenda, browsers, people, etc) have to reload themselves. I assume it keeps force closing and reloading sense, but i cant figure out why or what caused it. I didn't download any new app right before it started happening, nor did i do anything out of the ordinary in terms of phone use/settings. i was playing words with friends, then backed out, and it popped up. now no matter what i do it pops the white screen and sends me back to the home screen. doesnt let me go into personalize either.

As for what i have tried to troubleshoot it so far, i cleared the data for sense in the app manager. i did a soft reset, powered the phone down, waited a few and turned it back on. still does it. then i did a battery pull, but it still does it. i tried searching the forums here but havent found anything. Has anyone experienced this, heard of this, or know anything about it? If so id appreciate any info that can lead me to a solution. otherwise i guess ill just bring it into a sprint store tomorrow morning, havent had the phone for more than a day so im sure the issue would get worked out regardless, just curious if theres a quick fix or something.

thx for taking the time to read this, any help/info is appreciated. Loved my hero,EVO, and except for this issue im loving this phone as well. looking forward to fixing it and enjoying it even more!! ;)

Advertisement
  2. Are you in a bad coverage (1-3 bars) area or is your WiFi signal super weak?
  3. Pecosb

Pecosb Active Member

i had good coverage from what i saw 3+ bars with 3g (wifi was off). i did a factory reset to see if it would fix it and so far so good.. not sure what caused it, guess ill load a few apps at a time and keep an eye on it. will report back if i have anymore issues with it in case anyone else experiences it. but as of now, it seems to have been fixed by a factory reset, atleast temporarily (hoping for the former lol).
  4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Looks like a software glitch. Factory resets generally fix them. If it persists, return the device. It's what your warranty is for :)
  5. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

Ever since I took the recent OTA, the launcher just randomly reloads itself after backing out of apps. It goes to the white HTC screen then loads. Anyone else getting this?
  6. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

It would happen to me occasionally, even before I rooted.
  7. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

What is your system memory? That sounds like your low on memory.

Do you have a lot of widgets and / or live wallpapers running?
  8. oOMavrikOo

I keep a widget on every screen and am sitting around 500 mb, without moving any apps to sd. It didn't start doing this until the 2.3.4 update.
  9. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

well i've not had this issue and i have the latest update. i still suspect its a low memory issue and the OS is closing out what it can to preserve enough memory for other/current apps.

perhaps you should do some troubleshooting on your part.

removing some widgets
    moving some apps to SD card... etc etc.
  10. oOMavrikOo

I've noticed that the last two times it's happened was when I backed out of the Amazon AppStore after downloading the free app of the day. If it happens again, that may be the problem.
    marctronixx likes this.
  11. hilker09

hilker09 Well-Known Member

I've noticed something in the past few weeks. At random times, when hitting the back or home buttons, I get there HTC startup screen, and it appears that Sense is restarting. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm running stock 2.3.4, unrooted.

I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering the EVO 4G LTE on Monday, so hopefully this will be a moot point, but I just wondering what could be causing this. Are there too many apps running? I can't seem to identify it to any one app that was downloaded or updated recently.

Is there any way to send a log to HTC so they could check it out?
  12. Corpse11

Corpse11 Well-Known Member

its basically just like if any other app force closes cuz it runs into some type of error. Its no big deal
  13. hilker09

I did start using SPD Shell 3D, and noticed that the force close stopped. It's been a while since I used this launcher, and I'm pretty impressed with it. May hold onto this one for awhile!
  14. hilker09

Well, I think I figured out the culprit. After deleting Handcent SMS,the problem with Sense went away. Handcent has been pretty buggy over the last couple of updates, so I was ready to dump it.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  15. Corpse11

Corpse11 Well-Known Member

Thats weird...I've been using Handcent SMS exclusively as my messaging program since day my old HTC Hero days and I've never had a problem with it making Sense crash. Now that you've un-installed it, clear out all your phones cache and reinstall it and see if it still does it.
  16. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

mine did it when i had other launchers downloaded.
  17. Revolver_Rho

Revolver_Rho New Member

So i'm not exactly sure whats happening but i gather that Sense is crashing constantly on my phone. Every time i exit an app i get the White HTC screen then my phone loads everything again, and i'm guessing that its crashing.

Mind you i'm a noob and i don't know next to shit about rooting and stuff so if anyone can help me please i really need it, this is seriously pissing me off its making my phone laggy as hell and super slow.