• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sense Hero 2.1 ROM for ROOT Fully Working

Put this on this morning and can only find 2 problems.

1) if i send a long message it gets broken up into separate ones on the recievers phone

2) im not getting any notification of any voicemails. I get the missed call icon and if i ring my voicemail i can listen to it but no notification on the phone that i had one to begin with

Upvote 0
I used this for a few days, but it was too flakey. Ended up with nothing that used location services working (the location services were constantly crashing), and SenseUI was crashing pretty frequently. A reboot fixed things for a while, but they all crept back. Also the mms splitting problems and other quirks like GPS not locking on, 3G problems, Wifi problems, beeb player not working, FriendStream crashing on start etc etc.

Sense2.1 v2 certainly has promise, but right now I am running Villian 5.3 (with the exact same radio firmware) and things seem much more stable and complete.

Upvote 0
doing nandroid restore now. The new rom loaded but i just got the Sense force closing and therefore couldnt to anything other than turn phone on or off. I might give it another shot later. Any ideas what could cause the sense to force close?

Did you do a full wipe etc..? I have found that rooting and flashing isnt a exact science so if you try a couple of time most likely you will nail it..

Pel

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones