Root sense rom MMS fix for evo?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikekelso421, Jun 6, 2011.

1. so i have been searching high and low for a MMS fix for SENSE ROMS.(metropcs HTC EVO) i have the AOSP data/mms fix but it doesnt work on sense based roms :( does anyone know of a .zip that you can flash after a sense rom to fix MMS?? All help much appreciated! i would like to actually used MYN's WARM rom for a while but no MMS is kinda a problem.thanks everyone!

Advertisement
  2. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Security Engineer
    Georgia
    Unless you are on a test build of cm7, everything on the evos are working. It may be that when you set up your evo for metro pcs you have a problem there. What have you done, when you flash rom, do you wipe data and caches?

3. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    SF
    I think your best bet would be to search XDA for a fix. I don'tthink a lot of people here are using evo's on metro....

have you tried a 3rd party sms app from the market.. like gosms ?

4. well im currently using CM7 stable.everything works..my gps is a little buggy but still seems to work ok..but the .zip i have to fix mms ONLY works with AOSP and MIUI ROMS..web talk and text works fine one sense roms except for MMS..and yea,when i flash roms i wipe EVERYTHING.unless im flashing a kernel,then i just wipe cache and dalvik..but i searched over at XDA but i only see the couple fixes there but none for sense.ill keep a lokk0out but if any info is came across please pass it along.thanks for the reply :)

5. no i havent..i dont even know what that is/used for..lol i use handcent.but never anything else..

6. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Security Engineer
    Georgia
    CM7 is aosp not sense, are you moving to sense? if so, try caulkens superwipe or vm superwipe before flashing a sense rom.http://infectedrom.com/showthread.php/238-Vr_superwipe

7. Yes I'm aware cm7 is aosp. And the .Zip I use for mms works with aosp. But I want to move to myns warm.but the mms zip wont fix mms on sense Roms.it just deletes the stock mms.apk. so I need a .zip that will fix mms on a sense rom.

8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    lol...I was about to refer you to your metro thread :p

The consensus from what I have read on xda about this with metro is that if your mms are not working..you did something wrong.

but I remind you..I haven't done much reading on the whole metro thing. I gave up on it when I read no 3g...I need 3g

Tags: