sense roms whats so special?

Last Updated:

1. jongo

jongo Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so ive tried a bunch of roms but what so special about sense roms from the stock sense besides the fact they remove sprint bloatware and add a theme? ive tried fresh and myns etc. they just are basically stock sense with a theme and a different launcher and some added apps i dont notice any special feature and people are saying how great they are but im missing something cause they arnt much different.

Advertisement
  2. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

The new roms should be better on battery life, will be much faster than stock, a custom kernel can be flashed so you can overclock/underclock, some of them have custom transition animations, most of the crapware the sprint loads on the stock rom is removed, they are smoother than stock, etc...

3. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

If you can't notice any difference then maybe you should just stick with stock.

4. pinoy724

pinoy724 Well-Known Member

And 4g only works for Sense roms for now. I heard that Cyanogen Team was working on getting 4g for ASOP.

5. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

That is the big issue. I actually like the sense widgets so I dont mind that they still have sense (I wish HTC just stuck to the widgets) but I like that Myns gives you a bit more control and cleans up sense to a more modern, industrial look. He also adds a few options and deletes most of the crap for you.

I would try a vanilla ROM but I spend most of my time in 4g markets and couldnt live without it because I use it for tethering a lot.