1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

sense ui failed on erisGeneral

1. jaykap

jaykap Well-Known Member

hey everyone

not sure if this is right, but after installing and uninstalling a few different apps, i was planning on switching my scene. every attempt has ended with the "Sorry! the application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again."

does anyone know how i can fix this? i downloaded a wallpaper from mabilo wallpapers and the only apps ive downloaded and running on my eris right now is Hi Yahoo, Advanced task manager free, battery refresh beta, pandora, one manga, mabilo ringtones and wallpapers, and funnyjokes. i used to have a few other apps but i got rid of them.

Advertisement
  2. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

i would start by uninstalling the apps one at a time. see if one is the cause. if not, factory reset the phone
  3. jaykap

jaykap Well-Known Member

how do i do a factory reset? i charged my phone last night and now when i turned it on, i can't access any of my apps. ugh im starting to hate the eris right now
  4. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

1. Turn the device off by holding down the power button and then selecting power off (you will be informed that the phone will be shutdown; tap ok)
    2. Simultaneously press and hold the Send and Volume Down buttons and while holding them, press the Power button
    3. You are given a screen with various information -- simply press down the trackball with the world CLEARSTORAGE highlighted
    4. The phone is completely wiped clean and will then reboot
    5. Unlock the screen and select your language of choice (English or Spanish)
    6. The DROID Eris will inform you that a special call needs to be made, and it will then connect to Verizon Wireless over the air programming
    7. When prompted, press 1 to activate the phone
    8. Once activated, proceed with the setup of the phone by following the on-screen directions as you did when you first purchased your DROID Eris.