Sense UI Froyo Rom(s)

Last Updated:

1. montyboy

montyboy Member This Topic's Starter

Question(s): Sense UI rom available for Moto Droid? Know of any in the works?

Backstory: Wife's HTC Eris shit the bed. Got her a moto droid from Craigslist and she "hates" stock theme and wants it to look like her old phone.

TIA

Advertisement
  2. Thrawn

Thrawn Well-Known Member

None that I know of yet. I would definitely try it out, I like Sense UI, both my parents have Erises. Unfortunately I don't think Sense UI can be ported to 2.2, the newest version that HTC has out is for 2.1.

3. bp328i

bp328i Well-Known Member

There is a theme that looks like Sense UI, Give me a minute and I will find it.

Sorry, there use to be a theme that looked like Sense UI called "Desire" but all the links I have saved went to the old AllDroid.

4. SoDroid

SoDroid Well-Known Member

Yea there is no stable Sense UI for 2.2. But check out JRummy's Kangerade. It comes in a lot of different colors including Pink. She might like it. She can see pics before you flash anything. Check the "Roms" thread out.

5. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

What would be the motivation behind this question?...meaning, what elements of Sense is she wanting?

LauncherPro (available in the market) is a home replacement that provides "Sense like" scrolling, screen previews, etc. I believe it incorporates the best parts of Sense UI but the widgets she is used to on her Eris will not be the same.

Sense is not a "theme", it is a user interface. Get a ROM/Theme she likes and then just customize it. Elements like the HTC clock can be achieved by buying the "Weather & Toggle Widget" from the Market (only $2 or $3). The HTC looking clock is a skin that you can download from this application (called "H7C").

Then you can go here http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/index.php
    You can use this site to create your own custom HTC Keyboard (shown below).

Here's what these elements look like:

BB0.4 Running NexTheme - The green font on the clock is customizable so she can make it match the ROM's theme or just make it white.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

:D

6. RaFF_MyZZteR

RaFF_MyZZteR Active Member

Nevermind...you had already answered my question