Sense UI On Droid

Last Updated:

1. jmccarthy14

jmccarthy14 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So humancyborg has set things going again. Check his twitter page for a 2.1 sense that boots on droid -- messing with it now. Main (logcat) issues seems to be some misfit images (fairly simple), to checking for EVDO instead of CDMA, which may be anything from a simple look at a Eris rom to something more.

Feel free to check it out if you want a peak of what sense 2.1 looks like. Not a day to day rom but those of you who are bored/like to tinker.

Advertisement
  2. woodylong

woodylong Member

for some reason my phone wanr let me make a nandroid file are eather my sd card doesnt show up when i mount my phone i need so barney style instroctions cause im not real good at tec stuff and also i have window vesta every body else seems to have windows 7 any help would be great

3. sukanas

sukanas Well-Known Member

anyone have any input on this? id love to see other's thoughtq

4. jmccarthy14

its smooth. Apps are slick and quick as can be for so many things not working. If i get the time to try to get things working I'll repost, but right now its a demo.

5. spangler07

spangler07 Well-Known Member

Any screenshots of Sense on Droid? Is it a hi res version of Sense? Is this the good looking old sense or the ugly new sense with the flat bar at the bottom and the bubble icons?

6. jb1

jb1 Member

i had a few questions about the sense ui when it becomes available for droid...i was wondering if when a good version of the sense 2.1 rom is available, will us droid users be able to load it up without rooting the phone...or do you just need to copy to your sd card and load it..i love the sense ui and would love to have it on my droid..i was gonna hold out for the passion or dragon or whatever but the rumors died quickly so i bought the droid..can anyone answer this

7. sukanas

sukanas Well-Known Member

any updates...? or screenshots?

8. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

very interested in this also

9. jmccarthy14

This rom is still under construction. Supposedly a release with data/wifi working, and dragon images with the proper resolution fixing alot of the graphical bugs. aren't releasing till in even better shape though, apparently. That'll be a few days.

Feel free to work on your own version though. These guys are mostly mixing the droid libraries with the sense rom (guessing which to take by looking at logcats -- google this) and then trying to run it. you don't need to know how to program for most of it, so long as you have a good nandroid backup you can always restore to.

10. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Don't forget that the battery doesn't even work, meaning you have to keep it plugged into a charger at all times. Also it isn't using hi res images yet, they need the dragon leak ROM (I believe) to pull the hi res Sense images from. You will have to root your Droid to use this ROM, and that is always gonna be the case for any ROM. You will also have to have SPS Recovery (latest version recommended) t flash these ROM's.