Sense UI vs MotoBlurGeneral

Last Updated:

1. EchoX860

EchoX860 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering. Out of the videos I've watched it seems like Sense UI is smoother, but can't that be rectified with LPro?

Advertisement
  2. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

From what I have read, Sense UI is just about the best integration of any launcher app for Android. I have tried Moto/Ninja/Whatever Blur against my Inc with Sense and it was hands down, Sense was smoother more slick interface.

3. Le0_Br4zUc4

Le0_Br4zUc4 Well-Known Member

the biggest advantage in my opinion is not to won a motorola.

JK! Sense is a lot more smoother then motoblur, is a more mature product, well finished! Motoblur on the droid x and droid 2 is a lot better then it was on the Devour but still needs to improve a lot to have the same quality and integration with Android as sense.

4. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

Your topic is Sense over Motoblur but your question is about LP+?
    Sense is probably the smoothest UI of all the droid interfaces. From what I have seen LP+ is very close second. LP+ is more customizable than Sense and you can do things like have five rows of icons on your home screens, customize the dock, have a scrolling dock with multiple programs on each, resize widgets, speed up or slow down scrolling, delete programs right from the app drawer, etc. Down side is many of the Sense widgets don't work on LP+ but the dev is creating them for LP+. There are also some add on widgets that cause LP+ to crash. Beautiful Widgets is one of them. Things like using your track ball / track pad can be a little sketchy in LP+. Since Sense is the native UI on HTC phones I really hope they update the interface to include a lot of the functionality of LP+ in the future and provide us with an OTA update.

narf likes this.
  5. EchoX860

My Verizon Store still doesn't have any Incs in, so I was debating on waiting until they got them in, or just go with the Droid 2. That's why I was wondering.

6. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

well sense just is so much prettier and its smother integration bc htc takes pride in sense they have been using it on phones for years so its pretty awesome and not glitchy

7. EchoX860

Well, I'm mainly using my Phone for Calls, Heavy Textings, Facebook, Twitter as of right now, probably more when I get it. So as long as I can get Beautiful Widgets or whatever it's called to make it LOOK like Sense UI, I'm fine. I can text just as fast on Touch as I can on Physical

8. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

A friend of mine with an Incredible got a Droid 2 to try out for awhile and he hated the Moto UI.

9. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Order online....

10. EchoX860

I don't order stuff online.

11. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Wow

12. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Exactly! I will never buy a phone in a store again. My reasons? I usually get my phones on launch day and the stores are just PACKED and it takes forever to get in and out. Second, if you order online you dont have to send in the stupid mail in rebate, its instant if you order online.

13. EchoX860

I know right! It's amazing, someone that doesn't want to put their info on the internet because last time someone charged $2,000 of stuff to my account! GASP!

14. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

MotoBlur sucks...hard

15. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Yeah that sucks. The only way you'd have that happen while ordering on a reputable site like VZW is if your computer is compromised. Otherwise you're equally (or more) likely to be a victim of credit fraud by handing your card to a waiter etc.

16. jbh00jh

jbh00jh Well-Known Member

VZW is not going to put the Incredible back in the stores. You will only be able to buy them online , unless you can find a VZW store or Best Buy that has one left.

17. EchoX860

One thing I don't get though, I see all these posts with different UIs and Widgets and whatnot, why can't I make MotoBlur essentially useless by adding Beautiful Widgets, a new Boot Animation, and new Dock.

*Noob*

18. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Where did you hear that? I've got a friend who owns two VZW stores in the area and they just got some new Incredibles this week.

19. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Then that is a Franchise store...

So you can check out any non-corporate stores in your area. Or walmart. Or Best Buy. Have you tried ordering from the store?

EDIT: If your a current verizon customer, you should be able to bill it to your account.

20. Aviator14

Aviator14 Member

I think basically what EchoX860 is asking is that if he were to buy a Droid 2, if he used LP, would it essentially be the same as Sense without Sense. You don't want the Moto UI, and you want a Sense-like experience on a Moto Device.

While there is no substitute for Sense UI, LP is definitely a good compromise. I, personally, would still try and get the Dinc but if you do end up going with a Moto device, LP would be your best bet if you don't want to deal with the clunky UI.

21. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Okay, that totally sucks. I will give you that. But sometimes shit happens and you really need to let it go and get back on the online horse.

I order everything but toliet paper online. Why? Because I can get anything and everything 10%-30% (if not more) cheaper online than I can in stores. AND... I don't have to fight a store! I have never, not once, had my information stolen.

My mom orders stuff online all the time. This is a woman who just 3 years ago couldn't turn a computer on, much less use one. I had to teach her as if she were a 3 year old. She still doesn't know how to do anything other than play on the internet. In fact, just a couple of months ago she called me in a panic because the computer was "broke". She explained that she "received a message from someone named Norton that someone named Cookie was attacking her computer".

After picking myself up off the floor and getting my giggling under control, I went to her house and "fixed" it. AKA - I clicked "okay" on the message and ran anti-virus and spyware checks just to make sure.

And even she hasn't had her information stolen. And she has ordered from some pretty shady places.

As someone else mentioned, you are far more likely to have your information stolen by a retail or restaurant employee than you are to have it stolen online from a reputable site.

22. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

You can. Launcher Pro (and others like ADW) are home screen replacement apps that run on top of your stock UI. While I have access to the Sense UI, I still use LP because I think it looks 10x better.

So yes, interface wise you can make the phones look the same. So the only real question is... which phone fits you better?

23. BlueSnake01

BlueSnake01 Well-Known Member

Yes you can use ADW, LP, etc on any Android and the phone will be smother compared to the stock ui on the X and D2. The difference in all of them is the main phone menus, the colors, etc. I find the HTC menus a lot nicer! The X and Droid 2 imo look plain. I was finally trying out the D2 and I was disappointed.... They really shouldve left the stock UI. Phone was really laggy... Then again shouldn't have been any different than the X which I didn't like. I'm glad I got my incredible, 2 customers asked if they can see my phone, I don't in a VZW store btw.. They loved my phone more than the other Droids. The Amoled screen makes a huge difference. Im glad I didn't exchange it for the X.

24. Haelous

Haelous Well-Known Member

This. Order online and just bill it to your account. The next VZW bill you receive after the phone ships will have the cost of the phone added to the bill.

25. kdarling

kdarling Member

I have had that happen twice out of hundreds of online transactions. I simply called my card company or bank and they removed the charges. Did you do that as well?